Ten (Tasmanian Digital Television)

I’m going over and back on the Spirit, but I don’t think they have TV’s in cabins. :cry:

:joy:

2 Likes

Yep, you’ll have all the same stations across the state. The only difference anywhere now is advertising. Areas that don’t receive terrestrial get VAST as per any other place in Aus.

TDT was called TDT when it had the channel 10 affiliation prior to the WIN / Southern Cross Ten swap in 2016 (?)
After that, while the deals were all done for the mainland channels even on the evening of the switch over there was still no certainty what was going to be happening in Tasmania and the guides had switched to that TDT logo in the second picture despite only ever appearing in advertising once or twice. It’s a very rare logo that never really existed.
TDT 10 used Ten branding but with “Tasmanian Digital Television” located on some of the material, since being TDT 9 they have just used straight 9 branding. The confusion with Southern Cross 9 is because SCA handle the playout (they do the playout, WIN handles the advertising and sales, being a joint venture station).

As others have said we have the following structure:

• Nine, Nine HD, Gem, Go on the 5 and 5x range (run by TDT)
  • Seven, Seven HD, 7two, 7mate, SBN on the 6 and 6x range (run by Southern Cross)
  • WIN, WIN HD, WIN Bold, WIN Peach, Gold on the 8 and 8x range (run by WIN Television)

Local news bulletins are 7 nights a week on 7 Tas (1 hour), M-F on WIN (half hour) and noodle updates on M-F on Nine.

Enjoy the trip, we did a tour of Tassie a month ago in the camper van and went to each of those places, they’re all very different! Make sure you check out the Bicheno blowhole and check out as much of the West Coast as you can, it doesn’t seem like much there but it’s a pretty interesting place when you check things out and of course Heavenport is pretty good too but I might be a little biased.

7 Likes

Thanks mate, looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I’m under the impression that 9Life is available in Tasmania since 2018.

4 Likes

That’s it, I knew there was one I couldn’t remember! There might be others but 7flix, 9Rush and 10Shake are definitely not available though :frowning:

3 Likes

Tasmanian Digital Television

2011-2016
5 - TDT (TEN Tas)
50 - ONE Tasmania
51 -
52 -
53 -
54 -
55 - ELEVEN Tasmania

2016-2021
5 - TDT 9 Tas
50 - 9HD Tas
51 - TDT 9 Tas
52 - 9Gem
53 - 9Go!
54 - 9Life
55 -

2021-present
5 - TDT 10 Tas
50 - 10 HD Tas
51 - TDT 10 Tas
52 - 10 Peach
53 - 10 Bold
54 - 10 Shake
55 -

4 Likes

Interesting they’re persisting with the TDT name being there in some form. DDT still does this don’t they?

Or MDT in Mildura?

TDT was the first digital joint venture though. However, whether ”TDT” is actually a recognisable brand is probably up for debate.

3 Likes

It doesn’t look like Mildura uses MDT in their channel names? Unless this post is inaccurate

WDT used to have references to West Digital Television on air but stopped when they reaffiliated with 10.
Seems like TDT and DDT are the only ones that stick with it. I don’t see the point considering I doubt anyone is saying they’re watching something on TDT, but nice to see some localism!

2 Likes

WDT launched as “TEN WEST”, changed to “TEN” in 2012 when the multi’s launched. Changed to “West Digital 1” during no affiliation, then “NINE” and now “10HD”

CDT denotes region instead of acronym: "10 Central - [North/South]

5 Likes

Happy birthday to TDT which turned 20 yesterday.

8 Likes

20 years since my first set top box. I remember the week leading up to the broadcast with the test loops and waiting for us to finally get Channel Ten and The Simpsons… which we then got an abundance of during the early days with the Southern Cross dual affiliation of 7/10 still running. From memory I think one afternoon/evening we had 7 Simpsons episodes scheduled.

3 Likes