Ten Sport

If Seven does get the Australian F1 Grand Prix rights for next year that would mean that AFL football would be affected: for example the 3.20pm kick off game would have to move to a 12.10pm timeslot to accommodate it (unless the Grand Prix becomes a night race).

It won’t be a night race. There is talk of many more Thursday nights next season. It can just get substituted for that.

1 Like

Seven would give up one of their AFL games in a round for the GP don’t worry about it.

3 Likes

Who’s to say that the race won’t go back to March next year?

And two rounds ago, 7 didn’t show a Sunday game.

1 Like

The AGPC’s preference is to return to the opening round (which would put the event back into march), there had been some talk that it may not return to that slot though

1 Like

Lights Out And Off We Go. Formula One Action Starts Today

Live And Free on Network 10 And Live Streamed On 10 Play.

2022 Formula 1® Heineken Australian Grand Prix is back and it’s bigger than ever. A brand new circuit, brand new machinery and the best commentary team in the business. It’s the perfect combination for an epic three days of wheel-to-wheel action, live and free on Network 10 and live streamed on 10 Play.

Coverage of the 2022 Formula 1® Heineken Australian Grand Prix kicks off from today, Friday 8 April at 12.00pm AEST on 10 Bold and continues all weekend on 10.

Featuring the world’s best and emerging drivers, it’s a very different Albert Park to the one the teams and drivers last raced on in 2019. Australia’s Grand Prix venue has a brand-new look for the brand-new era of F1® machinery.

The new car design brings some of the most significant technical changes in the sport’s history, enabling closer racing and more overtaking opportunities through a revolutionary design in aerodynamics.

Across the unmissable three-day sporting event, Network 10’s expert team will bring all the action, highlights and analysis from on and off the track.

Join Aussie F1 legend Mark Webber with co-hosts Tara Rushton and Scott MacKinnon for expert opinions and commentary, F1 expert Tom Clarkson from inside the F1 paddock, plus Natalie Hunter and Archie Thompson for all the glamour and excitement from around the circuit.

Tune in for all the action live and free from today, Friday 8 April 12.00pm AEST on 10 Bold and continuing all weekend on 10.

2022 Formula 1® Heineken Australian Grand Prix

Friday, 8 April:

12.00pm – 5.30pm. Live and Free on 10 Bold and 10 Play. Formula One Practice.

(Adelaide 11.30amand Perth 10.00am)

Saturday, 9 April:

10.00am – 5.30pm. Live and Free on 10 and 10 Play. Formula One Qualifying.

(Adelaide 9.30am and Perth 8.00am)

Sunday, 10 April:

10.00am – 5.30pm. Live and Free on 10 and 10 Play. Formula One Race.

(Adelaide 9.30am and Perth 8.00am)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well done Ten!! Adverts on Kayo/fox sports, ten stayed with the action. Cars back on track after a red flag and ten didn’t miss a moment.

The Fox advert free BS all the time, is just that.

Good coverage 10 this earlier in the weekend.

8 Likes

Great to see that desk get that facelift. Is it a screen or a pint/decal on the front? I wonder if it will return to the wooden panelling for the Cheap Seat, or if they too get a graphic on the front.

2 Likes

Ten doing their own coverage while Fox is following Sky UK presumably?

3 Likes

Fox is dictated by when Sky Sports UK does/doesn’t take ad-breaks since they take their coverage. Sky shows qualifying and races ad-free but they do show ads during practices.

1 Like

I thought they only ever claimed ad free from lights out to the chequered flag (ie the race)

2 Likes

I think that’s right, yes. They’ve always been ‘no ads during play/the race’.

Good to see 10 have a studio and local coverage even if they never broadcast this again.

Fox don’t even bother with any coverage. It’s just a relay of sky. Not sure how they can be counted as a legitimate broadcaster. They should never have got the rights.

Fox (using Sky’s coverage) has been able to deliver fans more coverage of every round than we’ve ever had (its not all that long ago that we didn’t even get live races for the majority of the season).

I’m totally unconvinced that we need Fox to do anything additional to what they currently do to cover the event (which would just be shit filler content and another commentary), they already cover the remainder of the on-track action

5 Likes

I like local voices and authenticity. Relays from Britain for a local event is shit.

They are the personalities who front the coverage week in, week out. Fans would be furious if Fox ditched them for a week for a local production. The Brundle gridwalk, the Ted Kravitz notebook segment. Not sure why you’d want to stop it for a week so you can hear Australian accents.

7 Likes

By that logic, I’m assuming ESPN isn’t a ‘legitimate’ broadcaster in your eyes either considering they also merely simulcast Sky’s coverage in the US…?

2 Likes

How did Ten cover the supercars support race? Curious since i’m not in Aus.

2 Likes