Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

@lexington Any idea of a set design company behind this?

4 Likes

Also, @Lexington , has the new EP started?

I think it was mentioned the new EP started around the end of Jan (or when Chris Bath started)

Oh my gosh, that set is fucking A+. Outdates Nineā€™s quite interestingly and makes Seven look like a parody.

Great investment for the local Sydney market and nationally with Studio 10, and possibly even The Project coming from that space in the future without having to bring in cheapo set pieces or plasma arrangements.

Bravo to Ross Daganā€™s new direction!

9 Likes

Well, probably a combined WIN/Sky operation, since both Gordon and Murdoch would sack most Ten employees and have right-wing presenters and WIN reporters into metropolitan TV screens.

3 Likes

OK Iā€™m going to say itā€¦

Best news set in Sydney. Leaps and bounds ahead of Nine/Seven/ABC/SKY/SBS.

Very strange to see a 10 set beat out Nineā€™s sets across the country, even though Nine are usually the innovators.

8 Likes

Sorry mods, but holy fuck. That set is amazing! Has to be the biggest set in the country?!

Definitely has that news ā€œcentralā€, ā€œhubā€ feel to it, canā€™t wait for election coverage and more bulletins!

5 Likes

clutches pearls

10 Likes

I hope you guys donā€™t mind me using images posted here, but I have given full attribution.

16 Likes

10 press release says Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth sets will be re-built reflecting the design of the new Sydney set!

17 Likes

That Set is Amazing, Great Design and is very versatile

1 Like

Seen this video at the bottom of the release with a timelapse of the construction, 1:44 of theme music too

11 Likes

Come election night would be sweet to see them chuck an old school tally room board on that big screen.

And for sport the possibilities are endless.

3 Likes

@blackbox

I hope you used this image as a joke :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Ross Dagan? He started mid last year.

In house with a consulting firm I believe. Details in the press release.

And yes very excited to hear that all others are getting done.

2 Likes

Why the f$#% is everyone talking about election night - a night when about 100k would watch?

Breakfast and early evening are obviously far more key priorities!

1 Like

Look at what they could do at breakfast. They could hand over to Studio 10

11 Likes

From the time-lapse, is this a 3rd mini-desk on the left hand side or some other object?

5 Likes

I noticed that too. Perhaps Studio 10 updates will be from there as presentation looks backward onto the control room on one angle, and the vertical plasmas on the other?

7 Likes