Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

January 2012 was a completely new set- that was significantly modified in Oct 2014.

Seven News Regional Queensland?

So it’s been a few months. Has anyone managed to work out what Ten News “First” means yet? I still don’t get what the first means.

3 Likes

Who says it has to mean anything? :wink:

Comparison from the previous VO. New one is first.

4 Likes

Here are the new ones with Queensland posted above

5 Likes

Caps of tonight’s bulletin with Australia Day Coverage

and there was also a different style for the wideshot on the plasma (comparison)

6 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. There were some Australia Day themed graphics during last night’s Adelaide bulletin, too. Excuse the cap quality (tenplay screenshots).

2 Likes

Perth caps

8 Likes

Here are the two bulletins for comparison

6 Likes

For anybody wanting a quick rundown of the story differences I’ve made one below. Grey stories were studio reads, yellows had live crosses accompanying package stories, greens were recycled from the National edition (not including recycled studio reads).

Also interesting, the National edition didn’t have a Play of the Day instead Lachlan told Chris during the handover banter that it “had” to go to tennis player Dylan Alcott. But the Perth edition DID had a Play of the Day, crediting Aussie NBA player Mitch Creek. Strange…

8 Likes

Note the Perth bulletin had the updated report on Australia v Sri Lanka test result plus snippets from Australian captain Tim Paine’s post-match press conference.

4 Likes

That’s why its great that Perth finally don’t have a 3 hour old out of date news bulletin anymore :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Maybe the backing of CBS made it happen again. ABC’s Media Watch are still on eyes them, though.

God I’m a hell of a lot maggoted but I love Chris Bath. She is just one of those who make you wanna smile when she’s smiling.

8 Likes

new news director, ability to spend money where warranted etc…

employing someone specifically for the weekend news also helps, you build into their contracts that they will work 12-8 and cover two bulletins.

8 Likes

I’m sure that South Australia and (during this time of year) Queensland are still waiting though…

Baby steps! 1/2 hour old news here in SA is tolerable at the moment. I’d forgo local weekend news if it meant Ten launched another bulletin either mid-morning or late.

Maybe it’s just me but if I lived in either of those states, I’d want live & local news all week long rather than a delayed, nationalised Sydney broadcast on Saturday & Sunday.

2 Likes

Let’s just wait and see shall we. They’re still rebuilding their department. I’d say they’ll find a way to localise these cities.

The simplest way is probably to have a separate bulletin running out of Melbourne that covers Melbourne and Adelaide (with pre-recorded local windows for Adelaide) while Sydney can take care of itself, Brisbane and Perth. Just an interim suggestion until resources are beefed up across the country.

4 Likes