Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

They should dump 10 play and integrate everything into 10 all access like CBS does, you have some “unlocked” content which is free, and it tempts people to purchase the subscription for more episodes, content etc. 10 news content can go on there for free obviously. Much easier and less confusing than two seperate services.

3 Likes

Personally, I think there should be a main 10NewsFirst.com.au website for a consistent brand across all platforms.

Not sure about everyone else but I personally think it’s odd how there’s one brand for Ten’s news output on TV and a completely different one (or two) online, in contrast to abc.net.au/news, 7News.com.au (from 2019), 9News.com.au and sbsnews.com.au where you know exactly what you’re going to get.

2 Likes

If I was head of online for 10, I’d bring back ten.com.au in 2019.

That way everything sits under the one umbrella and it’s far less confusing with different domains and going backwards & forwards between 10 play and 10 daily and it’s a one stop shop.

Then you could just promote offshoots from the site across different mediums like TV etc which take you to the exact content you’re looking for but also likely to have a look around also.

E.g.

ten.com.au
ten.com.au/news
ten.com.au/sport
ten.com.au/daily
ten.com.au/allaccess
ten.com.au/play

8 Likes

That’s not how cbs does it

Cbs.com is the equal of 10play - the Network catch up site for online plays of shows that are broadcast on air

And cbs all access is the paid premium streaming website like 10 all access

They are two websites run independent of each other with two different purposes. It’s just cbs.com has a large banner add pushing people to try all access when you land on it. Perhaps making you think it’s kne service

But two sites with two different purposes

I wouldn’t. Way too close to ten.com

That loads to a page which blocks the content almost straight away with a warning and you have to click through to enter, I don’t think it’s really that risky if people were to get it wrong.

Alternatively, they also have 10.com.au registered which is redirected to tenplay.com.au so they could use that instead with the same effect.

Okay, which one of you clicked on it :joy:

God they need warmer lights. Or, if so, find a way to use warmer lights in their closet studio without affecting the key.

10 second Sydney promo.

2 Likes

so what days are the national bulletins again over the Christmas and New Year period.

From Saturday to Wednesday.

Local editions return Thursday the 27th

4 Likes

Returning earlier than usual- :+1:

1 Like

A “special guest” on the Adelaide weather, Kate Freebairn’s in the premier Steven Marshall’s kitchen talking about Christmas lunch. :joy::joy:

It’s adorable when they try to look like “one of the people”

I could be entirely wrong, but 10 has to at least be considering their options for breakfast in 2019. This could finally be the time where they become real competition. Especially if TODAY signs Brenton Ragless, as being reported.

10 Likes

They could try a more casual news bulletin at say 7am leading in to Studio 10.
Why not just call it 10 Daily?

3 Likes

Ten definitely needs to try and sell something different to Seven and Nine, not another brekky TV clone. A more news-orientated program, a hybrid of ABC News Breakfast and CBS This Morning would be an interesting venture leading into Studio 10.

Then following Studio 10, a traditional news bulletin at 12, News First: Noon?

Cut Studio10 by an hour and have a news bulletin at 11am.

7 Likes

Pressies under the Ten News tree. Who’s been good?

8 Likes

I doubt McGarvey will be getting any bonuses this year after her deplorable performance. After CBS see these summer ratings surely she won’t last long in that job.

3 Likes

I actually don’t mind the “BREAKING NEWS” super and wouldn’t mind seeing Ten with a news ticker in similar fashion.

2 Likes