Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Get a grip. If holding an umbrella in bad wind is the worst Ten News does, its not too bad. Anyone with half a brain knows that my point was - dig with the most useless shovel and you will see that Seven and Nine News have actual ethical problems of actual substance in their history if you care to look them up. If you want to nail Ten News on ethics using this particular case and simultaneously infer that Seven and Nine are whiter than white in terms of their ethics, I’m afraid Seven and Nine’s dodgy-journalism wrap-sheet looks a lot worse.

2 Likes

Seven News Sydney went down the drain when Roger Climpson retired. It is a terrible news service. I don’t watch Ten News at five as it is on too early … but I wouldn’t watch Ten News if it was on at six as there is an alternative I like on Nine. But I switch to The Project at 6:30.

1 Like

I don’t think it was that bad when Roscoe and to a somewhat lesser extent Bathie were at the helm but yeah, it’s certainly gone down hill in recent years. IMO, content standards dropped alarmingly when Fergo took over the weeknight chair in Early 2014 and although I can’t say for sure, one wonders if the amount of talent (including some big/longtime names) which has fled Seven News Sydney in recent years is possibly a sign of a toxic culture in the newsroom.

Like most Sydneysiders, I’d probably only watch a news bulletin on Ten at 6pm if they gave me an extremely compelling reason to tune in. Like if it had some high profile presenters and/or reporters poached from Nine News Sydney, I’d probably at least give it a try - but of course this isn’t very likely to happen now or at any time in the future.

+1

Really good look at TEN Melbourne’s operations (ATV10)

11 Likes

Nobody has inferred Seven and Nine are whiter than white. Both cop their fair share of criticism on this site.

10 Likes

Brisbane promo

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure I saw a new version of that tonight too…

Good to see they’re promoting their coverage.

4 Likes

Christmas tree in studio

19 Likes

Do they do this every year? Looks very classy.

7 Likes

That looks great!

4 Likes

Not that often Georgie signs off with her name but she did tonight:

Last time was 2015:
4 Likes

Wow you really do need to get out more :+1:

4 Likes

I’ve just been overseas for over a week… I think I’ve had my share of “getting out more” maybe think before you speak next time.

5 Likes

It was a joke mate :wink::+1:

A story about the Adelaide trains being closed for the cricket just had an OTS that used a London tube train (specifically the “sub-surface” S-stock). :thinking:

3 Likes

Have not seen this angle used in a little while but I love it! Reminds me of the old 10 bulletins from yester-year.

16 Likes

Gorgeous. That should be the set! Reminds me of KTLA:

1 Like

Another promo for an upcoming story:

6 Likes

It would be a perfect alternate angle in a future late bulletin.

5 Likes