Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Yeah I thought it was. It is much better IMO.

1 Like

Agree, just needs less scan lines.

1 Like

Sig outs have been Americanized. All three US networks use that format of name, organization, location.

I don’t think you can characterise that style or sequence of sign off as American.

“Name, Organisation, Location” have been used by Australian and British broadcasters as well as American for decades.

It may be fair to say the style originated in the US 50 or 60 years ago but it’s nothing new.

5 Likes

I didn’t realise this still happened. As mentioned on the traffic report; a thank you to a school that was visited with the traffic helicopter. Used to see it a lot with weather reporters.

Tonight’s opener without the weather wall

4 Likes

Weather wall could be being used elsewhere for possible studio coverage of the Socceroo’s game tonight?

1 Like

I feel like last Sunday it was the same? Very tight shots and no weatherwall?

4 Likes

Socceroos game coming out of Melbourne tonight so that wouldn’t be it.

Looks like Sydney to me :thinking: Those same screens are used for The Sunday Project.

1 Like

Melbourne does the sport.

2 Likes

SC10-produced Ten Eyewitness News promo from 2015:

2 Likes

Wow. I’m not sure why they mentioned the traffic, because it would be irrelevant in 95% of situations for regional viewers unless it something on, say, the F3 heading up to Newcastle.

2 Likes

No mention at the top of Melbourne’s bulletin about the storms currently moving over the city. Pre prepared stories on terrorism. Would have thought to embrace their ‘first’ tag the storm would have been worth a brief mention and undertaking of more details to follow later in the bulletin…

3 Likes

maybe it was just rain?

You underestimate how much us Melbournians will talk about the weather

4 Likes

Maybe it was just rain but it was rain that caused flash flooding, power outages and extensive traffic disruptions at the end of the work day. 7 and 9 both did live crosses as their second story even after the event had passed.

10 eventually made references in traffic and weather reports. Just felt it was a bit of a missed opportunity to cover an event as it was happening but, fair enough, maybe thats not their focus.

8 Likes

Lachlan Kennedy reporting nice and cas in Bali

1 Like

Looks like they are broadcasting via an iPhone either that or they were doing something for social.

1 Like

Same set up used for cross on The Project, including delayed audio so that must be all they have. I don’t mind it - looks a bit more real/urgent.

2 Likes