Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

• Rosscoe to 7 News
  • Mix 106.5 to KIIS 1065
  • Alan Jones to 2GB
1 Like

It was several months after Ian Ross defected that Seven News had their major rebrand though.

That one only really counts as “changing the game” because Kyle & Jackie O defected from 2DayFM in what I would say was the FM equivalent to…

It still counts!!! Mix was on life support - you know that, right!

Those were either new presenters or in radio.

They were not: a Facebook bulletin, a new set and graphics or anything related to what I was talking about.

7 Likes

Um?

Very interesting find there!

From the details on facebook:

Network 10 is having a party to celebrate the launch of our new 10 News First Darwin bulletin with a fun day!

Join us outside our new headquarters in Tamarind Park for FREE family activities including Face Painting, Jumping Castles, a free barbecue and meet the Studio 10 panel as they broadcast live from the Top End for the first time.

We’ll also be offering tours of the Network 10 studios so you can see live TV presenting in action for the new bulletin in our brand new studio facility.

There will be food market stalls on offer, providing some of your market favourites including the Spiral Spud and Coffee at no cost to kickstart your morning!

Free parking will be available in our underground carpark to all guests, as well as surrounds across the CBD.

6 Likes

The address on the event is a three level building that previously housed a production company, it’s quite modern too

1 Like

Wait so they are launching a new bulletin in Darwin? I knew the FB page was around but didn’t know they could be going to that capacity.

I mean it’s definitely a great idea since there is a gap in the local market in regards to news and Nine basically ditched the market in favour of a poor produced broadcast.

8 Likes

Probably funded by SCA and Nine considering they own the license.

2 Likes

Wow!
That’s fantastic news.

Certainly trying to fill that gap which Nine dominated.
Hopefully this is an initiative for Nine to bring a proper local bulletin to the NT.

1 Like

The only experienced presenter that’s based in Darwin and doesn’t work for ABC (that I know of) is Kyrrie Blenkinsop…

Emilie Gramenz hasn’t presented or reported on ABC for a while either, and Nick Hose recently stopped presenting so there is a chance they could be potential contenders?

Great news for Darwin viewers. Hopefully the bulletin will also be shown on Ten Central in the rest of NT.

So why did southern cross go with a local 10 news service and not a 7 bulletin?

Neitherless, still a good to see.

Just had a look on MAPRAD. Several transmitters and receivers have been setup across the CBD, one in the same spot as the event being held.

They are all owned by Network Ten Sydney

I’m wondering what the conditions of DTD’s affiliation are. I somehow doubt Nine would agree to fund a product to compete against their effective monopoly (yes there’s ABC, but Nine are the only commercial network news) unless there was some kind of clause in DTD’s affiliation agreement.

Will be interesting to see how this stacks up against Nine’s offerings. Nice to see them doing local studio presentation, hopefully it lasts!

4 Likes

I believe in their partnership Channel 9 broadcasts the station, and SCA operates the station (staffing, programming and office spaces etc)

This is great news for Darwin! A first for a joint venture station.

I doubt it too. I’d say Network 10 themselves have funded it and will be producing it, similar to the Nine News Regional arrangement. I wonder if this will encourage Nine to do something for TDT?

2 Likes

Curiously, There’s been no official announcement aside from that Facebook post.

3 Likes

The post has gone too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Looks like someone jumped the gun there a little…