Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t know dude… it was just a theory. And like I say, it was as theory and I am Definetly not ruling anything out just because you say so. You never know what they are going to do. So whatever they do, it will probably be not good news either way you look at it.

Anyone of us, including you, could be making up a whole lot of this crap right now… Maybe there isn’t any plans at all? Anyone can make up fake rumors on the internet.

These wild guesses of Sky affiliation, 15 minute windows, no local news are all baseless - fuelled by the lack of information.

6 Likes

But you, as someone who has previously given tipoffs about changes, fuelled speculation above by leaving this comment: [quote=“lexington, post:1933, topic:61, full:true”]
Ten have proven that they can operate a national bulletin for two weeks solid and that it doesn’t suffer a significant dip in the ratings.
[/quote]Should’ve specified you were talking generally and not hinting at anything wider.

Let’s just wait and see what happens. Everyone thinks this audit will be the death of Ten News as we know it; the opposite could be true and the audit could find that the news department delivers more value for money than other sectors of the network.

Personally they need to fucking axe Feud glorious Feud and look at a proper lead-in to The Project. It’s ridiculous that TP has to basically carry the weight of building an audience up for primetime all by itself.

10 Likes

But the reason why they’ve done that is because of the failed news revolution. They needed a viable alternative to the juggernauts on the other networks. And I honestly do not think that Ten is in a position to muck with their early evening lineup again just yet.

Ten Perth is a very small news room. The control room staff and equipment is in Melbourne which looks after Adelaide and Perth. Most of the field cammos shoot, edit and do studio cameras during the week. Its operated very leanly unlike Melbourne and Sydney! It beats 9 Perth alot of the time and they have 5x the amount of staff!

1 Like

This is all very worrying and disconcerting. Mergers or outsourcing to Sky would be a disaster. It would be a shame to see the news department go. Ten might as well close down as they would no longer be considered a network or media company IMO.

2 Likes

News only makes up 1 hour of Ten’s 24 hour schedule - or less than 5%. It’s not the end of the world.

David at TVTonight might’ve checked this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I say local bulletins axed, and national news at 5pm. Ten might even drop the project?

The project is the only program anchoring ten down. What would they replace it with?

1 Like

Who knows, knowing ten. Maybe Neighbours, Simpsons?

It will be a sad day when the news rooms close after all these years. Ten will become a shitty off shoot of foxtel or some shit. I lay blame at Murdoch and packer… the day they bought shares was the day it went downhill.

4 Likes

I agree.Will be a dark day for Ten. If any of this happens.

I will always like Ten, still hate what has been done to it. Grew up watching watching TEN more than the other channels. But the last 6 years or so it has been hammered by poor decisions , management and the destruction of the Ten News department.

I really hope that the rumor here is fake and that nothing happens to the Ten News division.

5 Likes

I would like some changes for the better not for the worst.

2 Likes

I feel like we should all see what happens. TBL is what’s really screwed Ten over. It’s been well known in the last couple of weeks within the TV industry the dire position Ten is in. Sadly they will all move in on Tens territory rather than try and support the fellow commercial rival.
If anything I expect to see The Project gone or cut back to 30mins and National bulletins. Some form of shake up in the early evening and more US/Foxtel reruns.

2 Likes

If Ten actually decide to do national news bulletins on a permanent basis, hopefully it’s a move widely criticised and an opportunity that Seven and/or Nine will take advantage of.

I also agree that Ten would likely do more reruns from overseas and Foxtel and less original/in-house programing (not just in news but generally) if the budget is further tightened.

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing some more Foxtel content on Ten including Wentworth and some of the Lifestyle stuff. The Ten schedules have been abit one-note for a while now.

I think at the moment Ten Eyewitness News is stagnant and it needs a reinvigoration. But I caution everyone from speculating about job losses until we know more - these are people’s jobs and lives we are talking about.

6 Likes

I rekon they should move ten eyewitness news to primetime 930pm/10pm timeslot and do something differant that the others dont!

5 Likes

Report presented from inside news room yesterday

8 Likes

Do Ten air those (really good) promos anymore? Because I still see WIN advertising Ten News. Just then, infact.
That face when WIN air more promos then ten