Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Often happens as people still think we are TV3 plus it looks better to the Australian viewers than Newshub Reporter. as they might not know who Newhub is. Three Reporter looks weird too

3 Likes

For the millionth time. No, it won’t.

Just because 9 don’t do it or do it poorly doesn’t mean 10 will. As for the finance segment - don’t look at what’s happening now as an indication of what’s to come.

A few 15 second intros isn’t the end of the world.

Thank you.

1 Like

Do you happen to have any idea what will be the case for weather segments?
Is it going to be one prerecorded segment (like they do on weekends), or will it be separate prerecorded segments for each state?

Delayed for Queensland during daylight savings. 6pm in Sydney is 5pm in Brisbane (as you know). With the news 90 minutes, Sandra can’t do two live bulletins (unless they air the 6pm news at 5pm in QLD and keep going, if that’s what you’re saying?) Under the current model, 5pm news is live into QLD with breaking local and national news all year. Same thing with Adelaide.

As per my previous comments, one control room can do two bulletins with current technology available.

I don’t, but as I believe it will be a local forecast.

3 Likes

Brisbane afternoon updates as seen today: 1 x News Update With Joe Hill, 1 x Weather Update with Josh Holt & 2 x News Updates with Georgina Lewis.

6 Likes

Good pick up. Thank you. Clearly it got lost somewhere between the booking & the script. Still, I should’ve checked with her.
We’ll triple check that tomorrow when/ if a booking is made with her. Thanks again

17 Likes

Not a criticism at all! Just interesting and also highlighting that 10 were using a local NZ reporter for this case given the current travel restrictions.

As @theGradyConnell pointed it it might be more familiar to local viewers than Three or Newshub etc.

5 Likes

They referred to the NZ Reporter as “our correspondent” on the 5pm news as well.

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstAdl/status/1297801556289564672

2 Likes

Juliet is a different journalist than appeared during Studio 10 but good to see they’re using someone on the ground there.

2 Likes

Ah shoot, of course. Silly me!

1 Like

Fixed this morning:

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirst/status/1298028354965327873

2 Likes

Juliet Speedy is another Newshub Reporter from the Christchurch Newsroom

4 Likes

Major technical difficulties in Brisbane tonight. Georgina read out the headlines - with no vision playing, after which she threw to a break.

5:04 and we’re back

Video

11 Likes

Just to clear this up, Nine no longer does this. 9 News local is one bulletin now at 5.30 from one control room - state wide. No localized opens or backdrops or inserts

1 Like

Oh, well they used to…

Nine, hire her ASAP. Handled it flawlessly

9 Likes
1 Like

What? She read the autocue flawlessly but there was no vision. Wow.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, in her ear, the director and line up producer are deciding on their next moves (which could be easily made or changed a number of times), before telling her what to do.

Others in similar situations may pause and stutter, or even panic and stop the bulletin all together - but she remained calmed, carried on and threw to an adbreak.

She did well.

Just because it’s her job doesn’t mean people can’t compliment her if it’s done well.

11 Likes