Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

wouldn’t Lachlan Kennedy be referring to Queensland

He said ‘see you tomorrow’ … I take that more as ‘Ten News will see you tomorrow.’

I’m surprised Lachlan didn’t say ‘see you tomorrow’ to the QLD audience on Friday night.

Just a quick question for anyone knowledgeable enough, does anyone know how Ten Eyewitness News Morning rated compared to 7 and 9?
Same question with the late news. Cheers.

which iteration? Before Ten axed the bulletins in 2011 they were #1 in the morning and evening. Then when they tried again in 2013/14 they were at the bottom of the pile.

Says alot about viewing habits eh?

3 Likes

…and today is five years since the launch of Ten’s big “News Revolution” which ultimately only lasted a few months before changes were made.

One really does have to wonder where Ten would be right now if they stuck to one of their major news/current affairs projects of recent years for longer than a year, especially when you consider that both Seven and Nine have gone the other way and have expanded their news coverage (with hour long 6pm bulletins and local Morning/Afternoon News in various markets, etc.) over the past four years or so…

2014, after the Eyewitness News brand came back.

Oops.

4 Likes

To be fair, the live cross was actually coming from Melbourne :wink:

1 Like

Huh?

I was referring to the super at the bottom.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the mis-framed live shot

1 Like

All good, it was intentionally done like that I think cause they panned down to Joe shortly afterwards but it still looked kinda strange when they do the split screen like that. For a second I thought something was it wrong or they weren’t ready for the cross.

3 Likes

is Ten doing national news tomorrow? As it is Australia Day.

They haven’t (if Australia Day falls on a weekday, of course) in previous years, why would 2016 be any different?

yes, local bulletins tomorrow.

Only Good Friday and Christmas Day (or Christmas week the last couple of years) are national regardless of day-of-the-week.

3 Likes

Sorry, Lexington were you saying Ten’s Morning News with Natarsha Belling (11:30am or 9am) and Ten’s Late News with Sandra Sully (10:30pm), use to be #1 in their time slots?

I’m sure those original bulletins were highly rated, probably even #1 yes. But when they were axed in 2011 everything nose dived.

1 Like

Ten would’ve gone out of business. A total disaster trying to compete with Seven/Nine News at 6, which they’ve never recovered from and nearly destroyed the whole network.

Pretty soon if something isn’t done Ten Eyewitness News First at Five will be trouble. I notice yesterday Nine News 5pm just 70k behind. Sydney is getting killed

4 Likes

Relaunch and invest and ACTUALLY promote it. They need morning news and late news and be dynamic and social media based. If ten were smart they could reinvent the way news is delivered in this country. But they’re only interested in being shit.

6 Likes

remember all the talk about the launch of Ten Eyewitness News and having it available on “any device” and triggering expectation that this was to be a real revolution in news delivery. Yeah, how did that turn out?

2 Likes