Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Slightly longer and different style to news promo.

9 Likes

Some graphics issues tonight in Sydney

Sandra has moved to the lounge area

Back to the desk around 20 minutes into the bulletin with Tim Bailey presenting weather from the top of the building.

12 Likes

Yes looks like the video wall and graphics have carcked it and so Sandra just presenting from the lounge with a static image.

Update: they’ve shifted Bailey to the roof to do the weather as the weather wall graphics must not be working. He was using an AirPod as an ear piece which looked quite bizarre.

9 Likes

It would be a good idea if 10 News First Melbourne went local this weekend for the F1 race. It would help promote the brand in Melbourne. Especially when they are now back in primetime against seven and nine.

I think its odd that 10 broadcast a local edition for the AFL grand final last year (even though they don’t hold the rights) but cannot do a local edition for the F1s, even though 10 have the rights and the audience lead in.

I guess the Melbourne news team will be partying it away in a marquee somewhere. Kind of says a lot about the direction of 10 news if this is the case.

5 Likes

More caps from Sydney last night:

4 Likes

The bulletin looks pretty good presented from the couch. Wouldn’t mind if they did some segments from the couch more often.

10 Likes

I reckon they should do sport from there.

It’s a couch. No. Not on their (only) flagship bulletin.

6 Likes

Maybe if they ever launched a midday or afternoon news it would suit.

6 Likes

Couch looks good to me. I reckon they do sport and weather from there to loosen up the bulletin a bit.

3 Likes

Why not chuck up a hammock and do it from there?

Couch ≠ gravatas

2 Likes

10 going live at 4pm in Perth with Monica introducing it seems.

6 Likes

10 Queensland is now featuring mentions during the bulletin of stories (or more info on stries) that are coming up after 6pm so now acknowledging that the news doesn’t finish at 6pm anymore.

12 Likes

Implying that they did before?

When the extended news first started that wasn’t acknowledged during the bulletin and nothing post 6pm was promoted. It was just hoped that people kept on watching. Now there is active promotion , at least during the program, to get people to make a conscience decision to watch the 6pm part of 10 News.

@TV.Cynic a truly bizarre choice to actively not promote 6pm Inside 5pm when the viewers who are most likely to watch you at 6 are right there to message to

Anyway. I also think 10 needs to run both 10 and 15 second generic “there’s a new choice at 6 for news” promos and story specific “tomorrow at 6 on ten news, an exclusive investigation into…” type promos too

And I don’t think they are…

Either way, the fact that they are now promoting the 6pm portion of 10 News First is a good sign that it is here to stay.

1 Like

10 News First at 6pm numbers from yesterday - made the OzTAM top 20 - highest result of the survey.

8 Likes

With the Australian Formula One Grand Prix cancelled this morning, 10 News First will air at the normal time of 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.

4 Likes

Interesting that for this current press conference with the Prime Minister and Premiers 10 hve BREAKING NEWS in the EPG.
Haven’t see that happen before.