Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Good. They probably also realised that given how Saturday nights rate for them, news is a lot more important atm.

2 Likes

Finished at 6:30pm with Chris stating there would be a special bulletin at 8:15pm.

3 Likes

Be interesting to see what they do tomorrow night. Might be some merit in having news leading into I’m a Celebrity.

2 Likes

I think if anything they’ll switch over to Bold for news

1 Like

What’s on air in Perth right now? 8.15pm Sydney time is 5.15…

2 Likes

Bulletin started closer to 8:18 in the east… I think Perth is getting a repeat of 5pm Eastern news at the moment.

4 Likes

Ten have posted a story on their twitter page with Teagan George reporting from Bega before it even finished airing in their special bulletin. The report was meant to be ‘live’.

1 Like

I’m watching the Perth feed and Melbourne. Looks like Perth is actually getting live and the East is getting the Perth bulletin on about 20 minute delay. Chris made a comment after the weather preview saying “I think you mean 5 to 9” when Kate said she’d have more at ‘5 to 6’ (which would be correct for Perth).

Not a bad way to do it all said and done. Clever use of what they have.

7 Likes

they could always do the news till 6.30pm as a lead in to Graham Norton.

3 Likes

Probably will.

1 Like

Very smart from Ten, and a perfect example of the flexibility of the national bulletin.

3 Likes

The 8.15pm bulletin was very watchable. Contained new reporters, updated information and WA news, meaning you could have watched the 5pm bulletin and this without it feeling repetitive.

6 Likes

How long did the 8.15pm bulletin last for?

1 Like

One hour

2 Likes

Sounds like - as has been surmised - the West coast bulletin was broadcast on delay into the east coast. (assuming delay to fit in to the end of Madagascar)

2 Likes

When does Monika start?

1 Like

I thought I read it was tomorrow ? Or the week after.

1 Like

Narelda still features in promos, so unless 10 are asleep at the wheel, it’s looking like Monday after next.

2 Likes

I also thought Jan 6 but yeah doesn’t look that way.

2 Likes

If its the 13th, it would make sense as Narelda joins Studio 10 on the 13th too.

6 Likes