Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

World Cup Rugby 2019 programming will cause some changes to the broadcast time of 10 News First including next Sunday when it will go to air at 4pm along the east coast. The following Saturday it will be at 5:30pm.

1 Like

so RPM will be shown at the special time of 3.30pm I am guessing.

There is going to be a local bulletin on Grand Final day in Melbourne at 5pm. Last time would’ve been 2013 or 14?

6 Likes

Yes, I think 2013 was the last time 10 had local news in Melbourne. I’m assuming Adelaide and Perth have local news this weekend ?

4 Likes

Usual fare outside Melbourne.

1 Like

I noticed this different Breaking graphic on twitter today:

I prefer the original version, looks so much better:

A few others that have appeared:

6 Likes

Just on a different topic, but what’s everyone’s thoughts about 10 launching local news on weekends?

Perth’s numbers seem to have lifted on weekends this year.

Can it be done?

1 Like

It’s been discussed numerous times in the past.
It’s not happening any time soon.

The only part of the bulletin that I feel needs pre-recording is the weather segment.
Otherwise as a “national” edition, it is fine.

I would much prefer they focus on other areas first (social media) and their weekday editions, as we know they are doing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are weekend weather updates back to being national now? Amanda Jason just presented one with only the capital city temperatures.

Perhaps the local weather updates only air on Sundays now.

Some upcoming variety of start times for 10 News First

Saturday 12 October
Sydney, Melbourne

Brisbane, Perth
05:00 pm 10 News First

Adelaide
05:30 pm 10 News First

Sunday 13 October
Sydney, Melbourne
05:00 pm 10 News First on 10Bold

Brisbane
05:30 pm 10 News First (30 mins)

Adelaide
06:00 pm 10 News First (30 mins)

Perth
05:00 pm 10 News First

2 Likes

Honestly don’t understand why 10 Sydney is labelling the supers during Updates with ‘First at Five’ rather it be ‘Headlines’ then flicking over to weather.

Wasn’t the whole ‘First’ thing to step away from the First at Five tag…

2 Likes

News First is the brand. Not the show.

Obviously First At Five is just carry over wording on the super from the previous package, all states generally use something different.

5 Likes

National update tonight

1 Like

10 has a larger audience today.

Tonights news should be local in all markets.

Good opportunity to show off the news brand.

5 Likes

Also tomorrow. The Bathurst 1000 starts later tomorrow, it’s latest ever start time (11:30). This means if the race goes smoothly, we should get a 6:30pm finish, with 10 agreeing to broadcast the full race this year, 6:30 would be a nice time to launch a 1 hour bulletin.

2 Likes

What a load of crap. No one outside this forum would be hanging around for the news and expecting local bulletins.

And even if they did for some stupid reason go against their regular weekend schedule, the overtime and wages required to staff 5 bulletins from 5 locations would never justify it.

2 Likes

I think he is trying to say that there is a chance for higher ratings on 10 News First due to viewers already tuning into the Bathurst 1000. You don’t have to get defensive.

7 Likes

Correct :+1:

2 Likes

Not being defensive, replying with my opinion.