Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

it was making me dizzy

Yet another screen. What a complete waste of a great newsroom.
The shot is way too wide. I can’t connect with Sandra at all. Can barely see her.
Back at the desk we have that epileptic flat 2D globe. Come on? Why?

I do like the vertical plasmas for a live cross link. But that’s it.

4/10

In that space it could have easily been a 10/10

This set is amazing. Well done 10! Can’t wait to see how Studio 10 uses it tomorrow.

4 Likes

Does Sandra stay on screen for the whole headlines?

1 Like

Yes.

Here’s the opener

10 Likes

Live streaming on twitter

2 Likes

Haven’t seen much of those vertical screens (possibly light boxes?) on the left side yet, might look better without them and more of a view through to the newsroom in the wide shot.

Camera needs to be tighter on Sandra at the start. She gets lost in the big screen (I know the story should be the focus but it looks awkward). Other than that, not bad.

1 Like

Loving it. Looks amazing full screen. I wonder how reproducible it is around the other markets.

1 Like

Looks great! Although going from that set to the ad break and seeing Geoff Phillips in front of a green screen just makes WIN News look so much more dated

2 Likes

Remember the last time a Sydney news service had the headlines on-screen during the Opener? Well that didn’t last the distance.

Maybe the concept could work if there was a “Good Evening Sydney, I’m Sandra Sully and this is 10 News First. Tonight…” intro followed by the headlines > titlecard > wideshot > 1st story intro, but other than that we prefer traditional News Openers in the Sydney market thank you very much!

1 Like

Love the desk and the standing presentation for the opener (I think that they need three reporters to go over the three plasmas). Love the wideshot and the OTS shot.

Not sure about this angle though. Thought I was watching 7 News.

1 Like

Looking very smart.

4 Likes

i say tim will be on the big screen behind her

Return from break

11 Likes

They may need to have a defibrillator on standby if they intend to use that as Bailey’s weather wall. He got out of breath and red in the face on the old wall doing his aerobics weather routine.

11 Likes

What is this terrifying Kermit the Frog - esque creature shouting the weather underneath a bucket of hair gel?

2 Likes

Weather with an upgraded weather wall

10 Likes

The control room was too distracted by Tim to turn Sandra’s mic back on.

1 Like

Have to admit the weather wall looks extremely impressive.

Few minor bloopers after the weather (Sandra’s mic wasn’t on then she ran out of time to get through teaser going into break).

7 Likes