Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Some warning at least for viewers of the change or channels for tonight’s news.

1 Like

Also, this :point_down:t3: Surprised it hasn’t been shared here yet.

11 Likes

Voice over: “All will be revealed, Monday, on 10 News First” … OK, but which Monday?? :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

The 10th Monday, the new Monday, or the first Monday?

1 Like

Glad Sandra didn’t take up acting as a career.

1 Like

Ok now I’m excited. Really excited.

3 Likes

That’s a big promise…

It will be interesting to see what they deliver.

4 Likes

I wonder if the design of the newly revamped Newsroom has been CBS inspired, seeing how properties of the Network are taking cues from them, like Sports Tonight’s CBS Sports inspired branding, and the Project’s new opening style similar to that used on the CBS Evening News. Maybe the Newsroom may be akin to their new News Hub but more lite?

The fact that they are now publicly promoting it is interesting, really curious to see what they have in store. Despite being a low rating Network, they still work hard to try and deliver the best for their News Service.

2 Likes

Very interesting indeed, must be more then a new set to justify advertising it. Might be some sort of newshub style studio maybe?

1 Like

Oh ho ho ho. Ya’ll just wait.

My hot tip of the new threads will be first appearance on Studio 10 Monday.

13 Likes

Amazing almost 9 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUS9NmPm8ws

4 Likes

Now all they need to do is get a presenter who can get through a whole bulletin without stumbling.

2 Likes

Photos of Channel 10 STUDIOS late September 2018, all photos taken by myself.

News Room:

News Room is located in centre of building:

Pointless Set. This studio is also used for The Living Room, The Sunday Project and was also the set of Family Feud and many other productions:

News room transforms into Studio Ten each morning:

And The Loop once each week:

13 Likes

A shame that their News Department was absolutely gutted not long after. Hopefully the major revamp of the Pyrmont Newsroom has a glimmer of hope, with the possibility of re-expanding the News Service.

4 Likes

The Loop set is pretty cool. Nothing too fancy, but it works for the program. Also cool that it’s done from the newsroom.

Ten only have this one actual studio (aside from the newsroom), correct?

3 Likes

To think that they are now doing promos for their new set, when a few months ago they wouldn’t even advertise their 5pm bulletin, is quite shocking. I thought the “average viewer” didn’t care about set design… :thinking:

5 Likes

It seems like 10 News First Sydney hyping up the new set even more than Nine did (both here and elsewhere) in the lead-up to their current sets launching…and that’s really saying something!

3 Likes

I wonder if the new set could be adopted nationwide? Perhaps it’s using a new form of technology for the bulletin if it “changes the way you watch News”? :thinking:

1 News NZ uses AR very well to bring their reports to life for the viewers. FOX Sports also does for their broadcasts to give an extra dimension to the game being shown, and 10/Ten had used it in the past for the Late News. There must be else something to the announcement, other than some new desks and set fixtures.

6 Likes

Not that it’s really a point of difference from the others, but I really hope that “more native HD vision” (both inside the studio and out in the field) will be one of those elements which “changes the way we watch 10 News First” if not on Monday, then at least sometime in the not too distant future.

2 Likes

Merry Lexington everyone!!!

9 Likes