Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

re the screens… aka the set… don’t get too used to them, if I heard right…

20 Likes

Fucking finally

3 Likes

I may be in the minority, but since the change to 10NF, I really love how the sets are looking. Especially Sydney. It looks classy IMO.

6 Likes

Agree completely. Think they certainly are looking more newsy.

With Tarsh being now a permanent fixture of Studio 10, dare I speculate, but could that pave the way for a morning news return. Let’s face it, news presenters on the competing programs are then involved in the production of the morning news. Would make sense.

5 Likes

Who will take over weekend news? Lachlan?

Local? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Didn’t they hire Roz Kelly to read the sports news on weekends? Is that still happening?

1 Like

Yes - was thinking about that last night actually and checked her twitter to confirm.

https://twitter.com/roz_kelly/status/1031079244523298816?s=21

“In the new year”.

3 Likes

I read somewhere that Roz starts as weekend sports presenter in February.

2 Likes

Completely agree. A lick of paint over the timber panels has done wonders and the new package and mood lighting has really lifted all of the sets.

3 Likes

Looks like such a dumb story

Will be interesting if set layouts are tweaked then by Tarsh’s introduction… if so will be interesting if a Morning News is launched…

4 Likes

Personally, I’d be disappointed if Ten decided to relaunch the Morning News before they add additional resources to their existing 5pm bulletins. Surely I can’t be the only one?

7 Likes

Watching #GMB here in London, someone really needs to reboot #GMA and replicate shot for shot. Ten are sitting on it and have a gold brand ready to go.

4 Likes

I don’t know why you would want something that Britian has down there, that works for them, to work down here which necessarily won’t work on TEN.

Ten have failed breakfast/morning shows. Clearly it’s not a real big deal for them to not have another breakfast show. Breakfast and Wake Up were bombs, poorly managed and mishandled and didn’t resignate with the audience. Both were big losses for the network, i don’t see them anytime investing in Breakfast TV.
They have Studio 10 for now (even that is just barely passable as breakfast television by it’s standards). If they did a straight morning news service at 7am , to get me to switch over then yeah I say they should do that.

2 Likes

GMB is nice but I find it terribly generic and a bit lifeless. Adding Piers Morgan only really accentuated that, he makes the rest of the show look and feel even flatter rather than perking it up. It’s sort of weird mix of Sunrise and Today and that’s not a place where 10 wants to end up.

If 10 enters the breakfast space then they need to find a way to cut through. It doesn’t have to be expensive, it just needs to be something compellingly different (News Breakfast is a perfect example of that - cheap but growing its audience).

6 Likes

I’d suggest if Ten ever went back into AM news (and I’d rather them focused on late primetime news), then they should be more like a fast paced news bulletin hosted by a personable female anchor, sorta like Robin Meade but younger.

4 Likes

Local morning news would be a much better investment and wouldn’t be as costly as a national show.

Okay, it wouldn’t be as costly as Sunrise or Today.

1 Like

Yes it would. :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

Such an oxymoronic statement.

1 Like