Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Ten Queensland have a week of special reports next week on Jonathan Thurston’s retirement.

3 Likes

Huge news for ten to cross at 6pm for rolling coverage.

Clearly more people would be interested in this than pointless. Ten increasing its commitment to news.

Hugh being dispatched to Canberra shows they need a chief political correspondent. I doubt hugh would want to move back to Canberra. He is senior network correspondent but really they should have clearly delineated roles in he news department.

11 Likes

Are SA taking this live coverage during their news bulletin.

Are Perth getting this rolling coverage at 4pm awst?

Yep. Just broke in abruptly with Sandra Sully crossing to Hugh. Love this commitment to rolling coverage, breaking into coverage only when necessary.

3 Likes

No. Adelaide sticking with normal bulletin. Bec did a live cross with Lachlan Kennedy just after 6pm eastern time (5:30 SA) and then Alan Murrall in the newsroom providing state political reaction.

There was a quick mention that the new PM had been sworn in at the end of sport and, again, before weather.

Well yes Studio 10 is a light entertainment programme and does not have as much credibility as what News Branding would ,you don’t see channel 7 using sunrise or 9 today as there straps today.The reason I bring it up is for ten to be credible STUDIO 10 is light entertainment, the format of this weeks lib leadership crisis was great in terms of being a panel and alternative but it should have been changed over to ten news

1 Like

It’s paid off, the only commercial network to show Scott Morrison being sworn in live nationally.

16 Likes

Adelaide seem to be showing Pointless. Should have gone straight to The Project live given Pointless wasn’t broadcast in the East though would create a programming problem at 7pm, I suppose.

1 Like

Better idea would’ve been going live to The Project and showing Pointless at 7 maybe?

2 Likes

Adelaide probably took a raw feed during the 5pm news, he was signed in around 5:40 SA time…

Great breaking news coverage by TEN at 6pm. The whole team looked so comfortable. Hugh has also elevated himself this week to new heights. Hopefully CBS is watching.

10 Likes

By that logic, the same could be said about 7 and 9… who both sent journalists - who are now PRESENTERS - to the nation’s capital.

I think Jonno and Phoebe did an amazing job, anchored by Hugh and analysis by Lachlan was a fantastic combination and in my mind the winning team.

As for the bee in people’s bonnet’s about Studio 10 rolling the coverage through the day… I thought that it continued to provide that alternative I spoke of and it was a fantastic panel providing something news coverage cannot (without degrading into a panel show) … commentary on the events unfolding.

3 Likes

I also don’t understand the fuss being made about the rolling coverage being under the ‘Studio 10’ banner. The show has proven that it can handle doing rolling breaking news coverage quite well and they have the people (both on the show and by utilizing Eyewitness News reporters) to pull it off

4 Likes

and each time they crossed to a journo, it was TEN EYEWITNESS NEWS JOURNALIST xxx.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed a lot more ‘Ten News’ references slipping through lately… Sandra and Hugh are big on this but even Georgie in Brisbane last night said it at the end of the bulletin.

I heard it during a Brisbane report the other
night too which went something to the effect of “Ten News understands” or common even when someone says “Ten News can reveal…”

I don’t really care either way, just something I’ve pixked up on lately.

5 Likes

I think you hear it when you’re conscious of it. I’ve heard just “Ten News” many times over the years in different contexts, especially Sandra but often from reports. They always sign off on Ten Eyewitness News though.

2 Likes

Sounded like the Sydney script when I herd it last night as Georgie even said the date like in Sydney.

Actually yeah, the closer was very different last night but I thought Georgie was filling time after the weather ended a little early and they were waiting to cross to Hugh in Canberra.

1 Like

yeah just watched it. she said historic and momentous three times each, then the pause between the handover was like 5 seconds.

coulda done a few things

1. tell Pippa to try and go in depth for 20 seconds or something (this whole thing coulda been avoided if Josh wasn’t on break)
  2. have a wide shot after the sign off from Georgina

also I’m guessing this is the return to the 90 minute specials when huge news breaks like prior to news revolution.

Ten Eyewitness News (not First at Five)

4 Likes