Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Perth & Adelaide versions

6 Likes

Short, sharp and a clear message. Impressive little promo. FINALLY!!!

So nice to see some promotion for Ten Eyewitness News.

12 Likes

TEN used to do these promos about five/six years ago.

I think you’ll find a lot of these little changes are coming with Ross Dagan management.

16 Likes

Wow they look good. Straight to the point, and punchy. Reminds me of Ten’s edgy promos years ago.

2 Likes

Brilliant stuff finally! Lets hope these are on high rotation for quite a while.
Love the point of difference in Melbourne as their “most experienced news team”

6 Likes

I do too … but it’s on screen for such a short period of time I doubt many people will be able to read it.

Smooth FM.

1 Like

Melbourne’s version also has the very WIN News looking scrolling glass transitions across the footage also as a point of difference.

1 Like

Really? What’s the message? That you can get news from home, around the country and around the world? Like you can’t get that in a thousand other places?

1 Like

Isn’t that the point?

They should be playing to their strengths in delivering a quality news service unlike Seven and Nine (Which ham makes you sick? promos instantly comes to mind).

4 Likes

These promos are updated daily :+1:

3 Likes

Hopefully, the longer promos will point out to viewers not only that Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five exists, but why they should tune in! :slight_smile:

Wow…the last time I heard a promo (which was generic/non-topical) for Ten’s news service on Sydney radio, I’m pretty sure it was back in 2012 when Bill Woods was still co-presenting the bulletin with Sandra Sully! :open_mouth:

By contrast, Seven & Nine have continually bombarded Sydney radio listeners with promos for their 6pm news bulletins for many years if not decades.

6 Likes

I didn’t say it was a unique message, but it’s still a message, something vitally important to ANY promo. Ten doesn’t have any other message to promote at the moment anyway. It’s all about reestablishing their news brand.

6 Likes

4 Likes

That reporter in the newsroom looks appropriately dressed for the “Breaking News” super! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Good how Melbourne is promoting its team as Melbourne’s most experienced. Not something you always associate with Ten. Great to see.

7 Likes

Would be nice if Sydney got creative again with their angles… similar to this. They’ve been doing the panning one for quite a while now…
image image image

8 Likes

Agree. Always loved that middle angle with the control room backdrop showing

3 Likes

Sydney bushfires coverage

vlcsnap-2018-08-15-17h02m05s725

7 Likes

Multiple sources for vision?

2 Likes