Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

So are the OZTAM numbers unfortunately.

1 Like

Yes they do, and AFAIK they’re working on something…

2 Likes

Related to Expo 88 or the news division today?

Details Lex I need details!

Expo 88… at the least the archive tapes are being ingested… maybe just a news story?

I do know that the bulk of TVQ’s library from Expo was destroyed when it was decided to store them all in a shipping container at the southbank site and it all overheated… melting the tapes.

Or they can just use Youtube :slight_smile:

TV.Cynic has also posted a good one in TV History.

2 Likes

2018 Victorian Budget supers:

3 Likes

Make of this what you will - Re, Expo 88 archival footage:

3 Likes

Actually, I think what was lost was the archive at the time… only a few reels still exist.

I’m not sure, but there definitely was an archive disaster.

Interesting that there are copies out there.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Adelaide presenter caught out by a special guest tonight.

A Fly!

10 Likes

Highlights from Brisbane’s bulletin:

5 Likes

Why does the camera angle at the start look like it’s zooming out (like a closer)? Looks more like what would happen at the end of the bulletin.

Amber is a great presenter.

1 Like

Show off the set/background graphics I think. Plus fading from zoom in to zoom in would look a bit weird, so it gives a bit of contrast. Ten Brisbane still have human camera operators of course.

I think thats been Brisbane’s thing since the new set was introduced. Agreed, Amber is a great presenter, Hopefully now should be the regular fill in. Issue with the closer though she started talking again when it went to the wide shot.

Here’s one from early 2015.

2014: Without the “First at Five” Moniker @Nicholas

1 Like

Interesting that her voice over didn’t say “first at five”.
Sounds so much better that way

5 Likes

Agreed, Don’t know why they had to go back to the " FIrst at Five " Moniker, ruined the “Eyewitness” branding IMO.

2 Likes

Especially with the old voice over its just :ok_hand:.

4 Likes

Amber is great!
That zooming out shot is horrible. The camera should crane down with no zoom at all.
Zooming out either gives the perception that the bulletin is finished or the camera has gone rogue.

2 Likes

There’s not that much spacing at TVQ judging by that lower roof that comes down over the desk, which causes that awkward wide shot.

Like I said. The camera can crane down. As in the physical camera does not wheel forward but only drops down.
Melbourne’s studio is even smaller and they manage!

1 Like