Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Yes he says something as well. It’s all a mess. I’d like to see a complete relaunch once the new news director comes in.

4 Likes

I think a complete relaunch is a stretch… but certainly there will be changes.

3 Likes

IMO, a significant branding relaunch is well overdue for Ten’s news service and the network overall.

We know.

1 Like

Yep, Don’t know why Matt Burke has to say anything TBH! He just is supposed to read the Sport like Tim Bailey is there to read the Weather…

Hopefully we will get to see Sandra sign off solo again soon like here… almost 5 years ago.

3 Likes

no it doesn’t. fix other things wrong first.

4 Likes
3 Likes

He was Director of News in Sydney during the failed news revolution experiment and bailed not long after it all turned to crap. One would hope he learned something from that debacle as Ten looks to expand news yet again. Hope he is there for the long haul.

2 Likes

The content they were producing was very good at that time. It was just the evolution was poorly executed and poorly promoted and Murdoch came in and messed it all up.

Good to see their investing in expanding the content.

8 Likes

Totally agree! It was great!

1 Like

Here’s the thing: I personally think that Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five really needs additional content resources so the bulletin(s) can provide viewers with not only the basic news of the day, but also more coverage of breaking news and exclusive stories that can’t be seen elsewhere. A stronger news service on Ten is good for viewers and to some extent, the industry as a whole because it pushes the competition to do even better.

But at the same time, changes to the presentation style would also really benefit them. I’m not saying that Ten need to get rid of absolutely every element of their current news branding, but I do think it’d be nice if the next update was a bit more significant than what happened with the May 2016 tweaks.

2 Likes

Are late night bulletins a thing in Australia?

Not on commercial FTA networks.

2 Likes

Commercially, I don’t believe there’s been an attempt since Ten’s last stand was axed in 2014. SBS and ABC do news at 9:30 and somewhere in the 10pm hour, respectively.

1 Like

What I find strange about this Dagan appointment is that he’s reporting to Mcgravey. How has she still got a job? How does she keep getting promoted.

News directors should be reporting to the CEO.

7 Likes

News is content…

2 Likes

Huh. Odd. Australia seems to be more of an Morning nation.

Unsure if we have seen this in a while

10 Likes

Adelaide seriously have the best Eyewitness News set atm followed by Melbourne.

6 Likes

How come Adelaide always gets the best sets? Both Seven and Ten Adelaide have sets which are the envy of Sydney.

6 Likes