Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Thats what I was thinking… axe Family Feud and run the Project from 6pm. (A hell of a lot cheaper)

1 Like

There might be a rule for metros but it’s the first I’ve heard of it. Normally the metros haven’t had to be obliged to do news, they’ve just done it of their own accord.

wouldn’t that be as bad. Look what happened when The Project was at 6-7. Can’t they trim it to 30 minutes. That would allow their tentpoles to start at 7.

No, the resources that produce the Project are already there and in place. Its far cheaper for them to axe an expensive Game Show, which is currently on its last legs in the ratings.

I don’t think running The Project for 90 minutes is the long term answer here, but more of a short term solution to protect the 5pm local news.

1 Like

Move news to primetime. Somewhere where it will be seen a little more and away from afternoon competition. Then it can stand away from the competition and maybe be more competitive.

1 Like

Cannot wait for every ‘weird sounding’ Perth suburb/ WA town get pronounced wrong, just like the Ron Wilson, Jess Rowe & Tim Webster days!

1 Like

Mirabooka - Mirabooga
Wanneroo - Wanneloo
Kwinana - Banana
Beckenham - Beckham
Brigadoon - Bridegroom

2 Likes

1 Like

Rather sad to see just how far Ten’s news service has fallen. From what I can gather, Ten’s last prime age in news was early 2000s.

TEN Eyewitness News Early (2006-12; 2013-14)

TEN Eyewitness News Morning (1980-90; 1994-2012; 2013-14)

The Bolt Report (2011-15)

Meet the Press (1992-2013)

TEN Eyewitness News First at Five
TEN Eyewitness News Weekend

The Project (2009-present)

TEN Eyewitness News Late (1991-2014)

5 Likes

TEN will be showing the funeral of the senior constable live at 11am tomorrow. More details here.
http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2017/06/06/police-prepare-farewell-senior-constable-brett-forte/

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

Good to see Ten being able to do one off specials like this from a local perspective, not sure how long this will continue given the impending cuts to the news division.

2 Likes

Service has concluded. Ten finishing up now

2 Likes

Opening to Ten Brisbane’s coverage

2 Likes

Has Ten considered a Kickstarter campaign? Sure they could raise a few $100.

4 Likes

That’s Collateral Damage for the shareholders etc…

1 Like

Donate $10 and we’ll show your name on our new ticker that is displayed 24/7 on the bottom of your screen!

6 Likes

Peter Hitchener: “A Melbourne family are in tears tonight, after a Mr LukeMovieMan donated the family home to Channel Ten earlier today”

21 Likes

4 Likes