Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Does 10 News First even have that now?

1 Like

Nope they don’t :wink:

1 Like

But it really should be live into all markets. Not this 1 hour delay and in summer for qld and Permanently delayed in Adelaide. Just atrocious.

No one of importance said it will be delayed.

Well fingers crossed.

Sandra reads intro for Sydney package (rolls package), (while package is playing) intro for Brisbane package.

Let’s hope it turns out better than this.

I gather some intros will be pre recorded - especially stories that happened hours earlier - but the bulletin itself will be live.

1 Like

I’d say a live bulletin with prerecorded Sydney and Brisbane windows. The same concept as NBN and nine’s regional news.

1 Like

Have you not read this thread? Also…doesn’t 9 and 7 viewers in Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane get delayed early, morning and late news bulletins? Especially with Perth producing 9’s weekday late news and they still get it 2 hours later! :joy:

3 Likes

I imagine there would be stuff ups aplenty trying to present 2 bulletins simultaneously.

Your option would make more sense.

What happens when it’s daylight savings and Qld is an hour behind.

They’re national bulletins. Not local bulletins pretending to be live in different time zones.

Weather bulletin will also be pre recorded for 5 markets with all interaction with the presenter non existent. Much like how the finance report is inserted nationally.

1 Like

I imagine the studio would be “on air” for 2.5 hours in that case.

You’re eliminating the ability of presenters to pre record banter et all. It probably wont be sterile, and it definitely won’t be a delayed telecast.

It’s still a news bulletin. Anyway as another poster has said…lets wait and see what they do. I tell you what I’m really interested :+1:

10 crossed to NZ reporter Kaysha Brownlie this morning, I believe she is with Three’s NewsHub but Lachlan referred to her as “TV3 reporter”.

3 Likes

They still have at least live and local news as their signpost bulletin at 6pm (and now 4/5pm). 10 only has one bulletin and that will be delayed and semi-local. Shouldn’t compare the two.

Well we hope so. But, if you look at the finance segment, it is just slotted in. Weather on Sundays at 05.55 has no interaction on either side. And you keep referring it to 9 Local News, well the throws are stilted on that. So not unreasonable to make the assumption that banter won’t happen in a pre-record.

The fact that it is pre recorded at all is horrendous.

1 Like

It’s not ideal, but lots of the other bulletins have pre-recorded segments too. Most story packages, weather, intros or closers, opt-outs etc.

I think the main point here is that all important sections of the bulletin will be live, with the same amount of local stories being told from the same teams on the ground in each state.

1 Like

Often happens as people still think we are TV3 plus it looks better to the Australian viewers than Newshub Reporter. as they might not know who Newhub is. Three Reporter looks weird too

3 Likes