Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Jesus what time did they go live? Sun should’ve been somewhat setting by then.

3 Likes

Sunset at Uluru is 6:30pm local time which would be 7pm Sydney. The live cross was about 5:15pm

7 Likes

Haha I have only been to Sydney once, hopefully I wasn’t having a dig :stuck_out_tongue: lol now that I know you live there, i may have to visit when travel restrictions are lifted. LOL

How so? If you are talking currently perhaps,but I haven’t seen them take over Seven’s big lead here in the Western.

3 Likes

Well doesn’t mean I will be watching it though. I know this is probably weird to some people, if there is no connection with the reader because I havent seen them in god knows how many years because Ten Late News is axed, how can I take that presenter into my home trusting the delivery of the perth news? I may be the odd boll. For me that’s what it comes to.

:slight_smile: All good though. Just my personal preference I suppose. Neralda Jacobs & Charmaine Dragun all had that personal connection with Perth, and it made the news much better.

2 Likes

True that, but I know I prefer a local reader to read the “local news.” That’s just me. That’s how I like to engage with the news. Hence why Seven in perth have been dominating for a long time with Rick and Sue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All good! :slight_smile:

I think my username makes that pretty obvious, but yeah. Hopefully I’ll make it over to the West (also Melbourne, Canberra, Tasmania, Adelaide and a heap of other places people often ask “How have you never been there?!”) one of these years when we’re allowed to go over there again.

Now back to discussing the soon to be reduced 10 News First.

I think a lot of viewers are like that. For all the hype about Sandra Sully being nationally recognised, would the typical Perth viewer (who I suspect, takes nowhere near the same level of interest in bulletin presenters compared to people like us) even still remember Sandra Sully presenting the late news a decade or more ago? I highly doubt it.

2 Likes

Dude…just…no. That attitude won’t help anyone be convinced. People have lost their jobs, their livelihoods. This change ISN’T good.

14 Likes

National radio drive shows have adapted to the change. Instead of local shows…tv just catching up :persevere:

3 Likes

I don’t listen to nationally syndicated radio shows either !!!

3 Likes

Ok no worries…

3 Likes

Some good use of native social media content here from 10 again, hopefully they can keep their social media and engagement producers in each state after the changes take place next month.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEJRbI0jIvJ/?igshid=108tl3jftxd24

2 Likes

Not able to open the link? As in - it says “Sorry, this page is unavailable”

1 Like

I just updated the link. It worked for me?

Ah yes works now, thanks :+1:

1 Like

Here’s some caps of all the bulletins in the current format.

Sydney:

Melbourne:

Adelaide:

Perth:

12 Likes

Set wise, it’s going to be a shame we’ll never see Adelaide’s again.
They have such a classy set, and it looks fantastic in this angle.

(Replace the light boxes with screens and tbh I’d say it looks nicer than Melbourne’s)

12 Likes

8 Likes

Ten’s news service will not survive past the next few years.

4 Likes

Exactly. Why watch them when you can have local news on ABC, Seven and Nine.

1 Like

I dunno, I reckon it’ll have a few hiccups over the next year then turn into a powerhouse cost effective structure the others will envy.

7 and 9’s days of reckoning are coming.

6 Likes