Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Disagree. It still looks fantastic after the relaunch, and it needs to be multipurpose for all the different productions that come out of the studio.

3 Likes

Is this new? (from tonight’s Sydney bulletin).

6 Likes

Looks to be, I assume Sydney only? Pretty poorly implemented IMO.

I also haven’t seen another state which has the bottom super under the logo with the social media handles / website etc like Sydney too.

1 Like

I noticed this a few weeks ago. Only seen it on Sydney’s bulletin so far

4 Likes

Adelaide has had this for a few weeks as well. From tonight:

6 Likes

I know I mentioned it the other day, but thought I’d so a seperate post in the “On This Day” thread and also post it here.

Unbelievable, still looks amazing!

2 Likes

Is there a photo of this anywhere?

1 Like

3 Likes

Ah.

1 Like

Slightly longer and different style to news promo.

9 Likes

Some graphics issues tonight in Sydney

Sandra has moved to the lounge area

Back to the desk around 20 minutes into the bulletin with Tim Bailey presenting weather from the top of the building.

12 Likes

Yes looks like the video wall and graphics have carcked it and so Sandra just presenting from the lounge with a static image.

Update: they’ve shifted Bailey to the roof to do the weather as the weather wall graphics must not be working. He was using an AirPod as an ear piece which looked quite bizarre.

9 Likes

It would be a good idea if 10 News First Melbourne went local this weekend for the F1 race. It would help promote the brand in Melbourne. Especially when they are now back in primetime against seven and nine.

I think its odd that 10 broadcast a local edition for the AFL grand final last year (even though they don’t hold the rights) but cannot do a local edition for the F1s, even though 10 have the rights and the audience lead in.

I guess the Melbourne news team will be partying it away in a marquee somewhere. Kind of says a lot about the direction of 10 news if this is the case.

5 Likes

More caps from Sydney last night:

4 Likes

The bulletin looks pretty good presented from the couch. Wouldn’t mind if they did some segments from the couch more often.

10 Likes

I reckon they should do sport from there.

It’s a couch. No. Not on their (only) flagship bulletin.

6 Likes

Maybe if they ever launched a midday or afternoon news it would suit.

6 Likes

Couch looks good to me. I reckon they do sport and weather from there to loosen up the bulletin a bit.

3 Likes

Why not chuck up a hammock and do it from there?

Couch ≠ gravatas

2 Likes