Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Don’t like those budget graphics on the set.
Are they left over from the Eyewitness package? They don’t fit in with the 10news First image at all!

Would have liked to have seen flat and gloss-less graphics for it.

Hope this doesn’t mean they are going to start to already let the mismatch of themed ones creep in…

6 Likes

They are new graphics as they are using the new current supers font, apposed to Gotham used in the Eyewitness News graphics package.

Aside from the font change it looks like a completely different brand. Reminds me of the Eyewitness era still.

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, that’s the first thing I thought of when I saw them.

2 Likes

Given that Federal Budgets are one of the very few news stories that the On-Air Presentation can be prepared for in advance, it wouldn’t overly surprise me if all networks produced their special graphical elements for tonight’s coverage months ago.

Good on 10 Brisbane for prioritising local stories tonight:

1 Like

Im surprised by the choice of studio floor colour. Would it have looked nicer with a glossy black or white?

3 Likes

The floor is white, it just looks quite dull in that darker lighting from that cap.

Well it’s acruallt Grey, but yes the graphics on screen/ lighting for the budget package make it look horrible.

1 Like

We have also just announced our first CBS news secondment

Ross Dagan is referring to Kimberley Pratt, who is working at Minneapolis CBS station WCCO-TV.

1 Like

Can anyone actually listed to that podcast? Its not showing up for me.

1 Like

I don’t think the podcast has been uploaded yet, it should be available later today or tomorrow.
The direct link for the podcast is here

I don’t think Pratt is necessarily tied to the secondment - she’s been covering the Aussie angle of the Diamond/Noor trial in Minneapolis for the past several days.

As Dagan noted, the secondment would be based in New York. I think we’d see someone tweet specifically about staying in NY for 10.

2 Likes

Montage from Brisbane last night for those interested.

1 Like

Apologies for the double post. Perth tonight:

4 Likes

Narelda Jacobs casually chucking the script at the end of Perth’s bulletin tonight:

6 Likes

I’m now curious. I assume that Perths equipment is HD compatible, so would I be right in assuming that once Melbourne’s control room goes HD, Perth will be shown in HD too (and Adelaide partially)?

1 Like

What happened to Emma Lawrence, She says her goodbyes to the folkes at Fox Sports says that she’ll be joining the Channel 10, now she back at Fox Sports.

Last time I checked, she is still with 10 News First, unless something’s changed…

She’s never been exclusive, she makes weekly appearances on one Fox show and also does sideline work for Triple M.

She left Fox Sports News last year which is a different arm of the organisation. She’s signed as a reporter for 10.

3 Likes