Ten News and Current Affairs

Sorry I know what she’s doing now. I meant why did she leave?

1 Like
4 Likes

good memory!! yes, she’s still on smooth fm :blush: would love to see her back on telly though!

2 Likes

it’s a very long story…I think she parted with them on good terms though, as she was seen on their 50 year anniversary special and at Quarters’ 30th anniversary do, both in 2014

2 Likes

2005-2006

20 Likes

16 Likes

1 January 2004: Not sure if I captured this or someone else. Soz.

11 Likes

How is it that these sets from many years ago are all better than the current offering?

5 Likes

Because it has a more European feel to it thanks to the blue background with it.

1 Like

Ten News Perth from the Sydney studios in 2007 with Tim Webster and the late Charmaine Dragun.

Sports and weather were from the Perth studios until June 2008 before production returned to Sydney last September.

1 Like

Since have been seeing some nostalgic caps recently - anyone wouldn’t happen to the caps or videos of when Tim Webster and Narelda Jacobs were a double header?

I remember this happened for a brief period after Charmaine passed and they were transitioning back to Perth.

2 Likes

First bulletin at the NEW-10 Perth Studios with Jacobs anchoring solo.

7 Likes

Because 10 actually had a well resourced news department at this time as you can clearly see from the caps.

Ten Early News
Ten Morning News
Ten News First at Five
Ten Late News
Sports Tonight
Meet The Press

Ten News is a former shell of what it use to be.

8 Likes

From 1989, Ten News Sydney reports on the Skiing World Cup in Lake Placid and Panther’s Cable Ski Park in Penrith.

YouTube: MissBeavis10

1 Like

I believe that was the 1 million dollar set. Very expensive at the time.

Did they’d used to have a hourly current affairs programme in 2013? It used to have a breakfast program in 2012.

1 Like

I was talking about 2004-2006 time frame.

And networks had money to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on them.

1 Like

yep… and they even had these things called helicopters too :rofl:

3 Likes