Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Observation - the AFL tribunal decision was handed down about 10 mins ago. Yet Channel 10 Perth during their live broadcast went to an ad, and have returned and not mentioned it - not even a ticker or onscreen comment.

Appreciate it’s not news for everyone, but it’s the biggest thing in Perth right now. Why bother having an earlier news service if you aren’t going to ‘break’ news as it happens?

3 Likes

Drought graphics:

3 Likes

Odd, they broke the News of Nic Nat’s 1 week ban fairly quickly just before the final ad break, was wondering if they had covered it. Did they cover it at the beginning or end of Sport?

Did you watch the sport seg?

Yes.

Yeh start of Sport.

1 Like

probably not in a position to present the breaking news. Although a live read would’ve worked…

That “footy focus” back plasma graphic is awful.

I like how the Brisbane set still has the vertical “t e n” set decoration, reminds me of Ten News bulletins from yesteryear when they used to broadcast from the newsroom. It evokes credibility imo.

6 Likes

Completely agree. The Adelaide news exchange has the outline Ten logo etched into the walls, not as good as the vertical letters but still authoritative.

2 Likes

of course you’d know it was basically the centrepiece of Perth’s set for years in Dianella (both pre-2000 move and post 2008 move). I think Sydney has the horizontal and vertical variant in the newsroom and I’m sure @Sully would know if melbs has one in the current location (I think it has one variant) and/or the old location.

1 Like

Not sure what you’re referring to, sorry :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it does out of shot somewhere

Blooper at the start of tonight’s Sydney bulletin, voiceover gets cut short and the wrong camera is used during the opener

1 Like

A similar thing happened in Perth tonight, it started with the wide shot with Chiara Zaffino, and after the voice-over introduction finished, it cut to the presenter shot before she had finished her introduction while she was still looking at the wide shot camera.

1 Like

Ever wondered how small the Adelaide set is? Check out this time lapse video of the Eyewitness News set from 4 years ago. The set has had a minor upgrade, as most all know, which saw the introduction of a second plasma on the left and the wood look replaced with metal.

7 Likes

Tonight’s Sydney bulletin had a live cross to Federal Political Reporter Phoebe Bowden, who is in Sydney at the moment as was in the building:

6 Likes

That space looks smaller than a broom closet, yet the set up is great.

Next step for that set is to get some decent plasmas for backdrop and upgrade to HD (of course, in addition to beefing up the news service).

2 Likes

And only sitting about 5-10m away from Sandra!

2 Likes

Im pretty sure Adelaide studio is slighly bigger than Perth too!

1 Like