Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

A return to coanchors? Or has he agreed to go back to sport?

The leaked email said he was back as sports presenter.

1 Like

I feel like they should dig out the archives of Quarters and Jennifer working together in the 80s to show that their connections go way back, to relieve some suspected tensions between the two for the viewers, as there still seems to be a bit of dislike regarding the change, I think they should address it in some way.

EDIT: That’s odd, they’ve reverted back to the cover photo with just Jennifer…

4 Likes

Yes, says he’s doing sport, but it would be cool to see him still co-anchor and do sport too, similar to Seven Gold Coast News.

2 Likes

Brisbane weather

3 Likes

Ten Melbourne are now airing a new news promo with Jen, Stephen and Mike.

13 Likes

Twitter has been updated IMG_20180720_195619

Instagram also has new cover photo, Facebook hasn’t changed yet.

12 Likes

The new team looks great.

1 Like

25 Likes

Have Ten always had those vertical screens off to the side?

Ten should use something like the text they have for the presenter names in that promo for headlines.

6 Likes

Nice promo again… good to see Stephen back.

Very strong team in Melbourne.

18 Likes

Yes, as far as I know the images on them have never changed from what you can see there.

Nice promo but seems a little weird having Stephen on the desk like that, almost makes you think it’s a double header when he’s just presenting sport.

2 Likes

Shame they don’t make use of them - would be good to mix up the use of OTS occasionally - or even for multi-reporter live crosses (if they ever do those).

That’s the vibe I’m getting, which is nice as it reminds of how Seven’s Gold Coast News is done, with both Rod and Amanda presenting the headlines, then with just Amanda presenting the Sports afterwards. I think that’s a good idea to warm viewers to Jennifer presenting and with Quarters back to Sport, like he always was years ago.

Though after various shuffling between Duo and Single presenters over the years it’s probably unlikely, but I think it would work well for Melbourne with the chemistry of Jennifer’s and Quarters’ long time connection.

3 Likes

Brilliant promo.
Loving the direction Ten Melbourne have taken! Can’t wait to see what’s to come :smiley:

6 Likes

I don’t understand this, why is everyone obsessed with copying what american networks do with their news departments graphics/sets etcs? Why can’t Ten be unique and have it’s own identity with it’s news service.

5 Likes

Its only a short promo…make sense having him at the desk already as thats where he is :+1:

2 Likes

What would’ve made more sense IMO would’ve been Jen already at the desk going to an ad break with some production crew in shot like they have now, then Stephen walking down the corridor instead and then joining her as if he was ready to present the sport news and then pretend to check in with Mike for the live weather cross coming up.

I guess I would in an ideal world like to see a realistic example of how it will appear for viewers come Monday, rather than Jen joining Quarters who is already placed at the desk ready to go which knowing the situation with her replacing him may be confusing to viewers if they think he’s back co-presenting the bulletin.

I don’t think that’s an accident at all, it’s deliberately ambiguous promo designed to lure back any viewers who actually did follow through on their threats to switch off.

5 Likes

an incredible amount of analysis for one 20 second promo.

Also remember the CBS inspired Sports Tonight rebrand came from Matt White, because the reboot is produced by the Sports division, not the News division.

Any rebrand or new sets for TENFAF will go through Ross Dagan, head of news content.

5 Likes