Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

After a few years of 7 and 9 regularly pooling helicopter vision and 10 always left to the traffic chopper or recording 7/9 for helicopter vision, it is very hard to believe that on this one occasion they somehow struck up a deal with both 7 and 9 to swap vision for some great aerials of a fire.

pool arrangements are not uncommon. possibly ten was able to cover some other story that 7 or 9 weren’t able to get to, but really wanted…

1 Like

Now that cbs own ten can they just stump up some cash and get into the chopper pool? It really is noticeable they can barely source their own footage on many occasions.

1 Like

by members of this forum, sure. I don’t see it happening.

3 Likes

Doesn’t mean that CBS can splash a whole heap of money to a twice failed network that will possibly never give them back a return for the capital lost.

They’ll need to invest some money to make money. Clearly what ten was doing was failing. Being a cheap tight arse network was a failed strategy.

5 Likes

You have to give CBS some time… You can’t expect so many changes right away. They need a strategy that they know would make a difference. I agree the news service is not as good as it once was (I prefer to have some hope for it) but give it time . CBS have to be very smart about what they could possibly do with the news department and how they implement it. It’s like asking T-Rex baby sitting a few adults in a park. Not quite a good strategy , it may work, but 99.5% of the time it won’t.

6 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

Sounds uncomfortable

4 Likes
2 Likes

It is rare for Sydney to open the bulletin with the standard local background on the plasma screens.

Tonight they did (though with breaking news):

10 Likes

just as effective, and cheaper, than 80m of LEDs or whatever it is on Nine.

5 Likes

Looking at the caps posted above, I personally think Ten Sydney (as the news service with the oldest/longest running branding in the market) could do with a major redesign of the set and/or newsroom whenever the budget allows for one.

Yes, Ten’s current news branding was pretty good when it first launched but apart from those graphics tweaks in May 2016, things have mostly remained stagnant since 2013 while the other networks (including the ABC and SBS) have since moved onto newer/different things.

6 Likes

change for changes sake? eh.

2 Likes

Yeah, I personally don’t think Ten’s news branding/graphics look dated at all really

2 Likes

Neither. I think they’d be wiser spending any available funds on more reporters / producers which seems what they appear to be doing.

1 Like

Considering Sydney is the only one left with the timber trim on the set, they might as well find a new design instead of just replacing the timber with metal. Hopefully something that features more of the newsroom.

Will allow the other sets (all except Perth have had metal for a few years) to refresh.

3 Likes

again… change for changes sake.

No one here will be happy with what they come up with, so why bother? Additionally I’d prefer they spent money on more important things.

1 Like

Remove the 3 screens and have an open newsroom. Done without a penny spent.
Either that, or use the video wall as per the late news. Looked much nicer than the current set.

2 Likes

TEN News Sydney just aired

• Live cross to Adelaide Oval.for a preview of tonight’s BBL semi

• Highlights from last night’s BBL semi

Neither were in HD

Why is that seemingly so hard for TEN to do when the BBL is in HD?

1 Like