Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Sydney management probably wanted some sort of standardised set (as the case is with the other non-Seven news services), so Brisbane had to fall into line with the three plasma look.

1 Like

It is one of the most detailed and, I guess, “American Local” sets I have seen produced in Australia, and it was a pity it was canned. I just loved the subtle 3d ten branding used around the set. It was just beautiful (although I would have improved the look of the small side plasmas… small gripe). The standing news / Weather station area was also new to Australia.

4 Likes

No doubt CBS will have some sort of news strategy to improve content output at ten. Hopefully the sooner the ownership kicks in the better. There’s much that can be done to reorient ten news without a huge cash input.

Ten daily will be an opportunity for some expansion in news and surely they haven’t hired Lisa Wilkinson for three project shifts a week.

3 Likes

To think we’ve not heard the whole composition in clean audio is weird (the same goes with the 05 version), heaps of things used in bulletins.

Then there’s the sections we haven’t heard, it’s safe to say, two main ones.

• There’s a climax after the minimal drums in the CBS This Morning weather, that we haven’t heard get to the climax.

• As well as the what I like to call “inverted” theme, which used to sometimes close bulletins

• (I remember back with the morning news there was 1:29 closer with uninterrupted music of that but no one recorded it IIRC).

EDIT: If anyone at Ten has the goods (2005 theme too) and you’re feeling generous, send them to ya boy!

2 Likes

4pm Update.

5 Likes

Audio stuff up during tonight’s closer.

Melbourne or Sydney tonight?

Another Melbourne-produced/presented bulletin with another on-location weather forecast. Not sure about Sport because I didn’t see that part.

2 Likes

Family Fued in sydney studio > project moving to newsroom > national bulletin coming from Melb

1 Like

For good?

1 Like

Id say prob just this weekend or possibly 2 weekends. All will change i guess next year.

1 Like

Why, what’s next year? Any insider info?

Who knows what 2018 CBS will bring to news operations. Can only be good :+1:

1 Like

No change to the Sydney news set then I assume?

2013 theme: From 1:00 I don’t hear too often (blends into the Closer):

2011 theme: I assume this is the full theme cut? This theme was recreated from a bunch of audio clips including some from Les Gock’s soundthinking site (before it was redesigned).

3 Likes

I know this gets brought up a few times, but if Ten did explore another breakfast news program, I would like to see Matt Doran and Rebecca Maddern cohost together. Both have done wonders at rival networks and are highly liked. Get Blake Johnson to read news and sport (with live inserts for the Perth market).

As a point of difference, have the show broadcast from the Project Studio. Utilise the Project set with a different desk or couch added. Capitalise on the growing Melbourne market and the guests it has to offer, but acceptable to a national audience.

Start off simple. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Broadcasting from Melbourne would be a huge plus cosidering Today and Sunrise are out of Sydney.
Great presenter choices too.

Anyone know if the news tonight is coming out of Melbourne again?

1 Like

Of course News Breakfast on the ABC has always been produced from Melbourne, but yeah it be better to have any future national breakfast program on Ten produced there for neutrality.

While it probably won’t ever happen, I’d personally like to see Ten try local breakfast shows (with local news, weather, traffic and live crosses around town) for each capital city one day. Something that reflects the differing tastes of the five markets with a distinctively local flavour, just like how they’re all listening to different breakfast radio shows while travelling to work, school, uni or whatever the case may be.

1 Like

Back in Sydney tonight.

4 Likes

Blue background looks different:

10 Likes