Nine Radio (Music)

not really considering the ratings.

5 Likes

Paradise? Hardly :slight_smile:

One day I’m going to log into this thread and find out they’ve pulled the pin entirely…

1 Like

TLS is the ‘Lite and Easy’ of talk.

And will suffer the same fate.

4 Likes

That’s an insult to Lite and Easy :slight_smile:

Lite and Easy was never that bad LOL.

Is Talking Lifestyle still on? Who would ever know?

3 Likes

For twenty years I had always tuned in to 2UE when I wanted a News / Talk station. I would tune to 702, 2UE, 2GB and Radio National. Now I never tune to 2UE. It’s not even an option for me. It’s a pity as there are still some good shows on the station - Paul and Garry for example. Nowadays I just forget to even give it a try. More often than not the station is in the middle of a one hour ad for superannuation options, a holiday destination or a new computer.

The demise of 2UE has seen me listening a lot more to 702 (now ABC Sydney), especially at Drive (as I cannot stomach Ben Fordham).

The three commercial stations in Sydney that I never listen to are now 2UE, 2SM and Triple M. 2UE because it’s a 24 ad with a bad news service, 2SM because it is 24 hours of shite a day and Triple M because I have a functioning brain.

1 Like

Same situation here. It has been four or five months since I even bothered to tune into 2UE. I even bumped the station from the top spot on the car radio preset list down to the bottom. Used to love listening to John and Gary but the topics they discuss these days aren’t worthwhile. It’s laughable that they have two talented, seasoned journos presenting a breakfast show that avoids discussing news. I genuinely feel sad for them.

I’ve turned to 702 for Sydney news. I can’t stomach the table thumpers on 2GB. Find myself streaming more international and interstate radio now.

4 Likes

Lite and Easy… no hard issues… just easy favorites…

While Alan Jones may be cranking the non-stop hard rock of national politics on GB, TLS are giving you easy favorites… like ‘just how often should you get your eyes tested’ and ‘is it still OK to eat bacon more than three times a week’.

5 Likes

I feel that there is a lack of a commercial news station on radio. There are still a lot of car shows, super shows, tech shows on 2gb.

I think they should make 2GB, 4BC , 3AW as local stations with your local news & lifestyle. TLS change format like newsradio but with talkback. It can be networked, focus on national and global stories.

I feel a bit empty on 2gb when listening to an interesting new story and then its car advice. You can have TLS built into 2GB rather than two stations with similar segments.

There is Labor and there is Liberal.

There is iPhone and there is Samsung.

There is Coke and there is Pepsi.

Get what I’m saying?

Why can’t Sydney radio have 2GB AND 2UE?

People need choice otherwise the only winner is the ABC.

Because 2GB doesn’t want competition so they knocked 2UE out :neutral_face:

The trouble with 2GB is that every announcer has the same opinion. And that is the Jones’ opinion which includes:

• Abbott is the Messiah
  • Turnbull is useless
  • Solar and wind power are turning Australia into a third world country.
  • Trump is good
  • Abbott is God
  • Carbon taxes are a threat to national security
  • Clover Moore should be drowned
  • Same sex marriage is not important
  • Homeless people are running the state of NSW (a new opinion introduced in the last week)
  • Abbott is intelligent.

When 2UE was on top every announcer had different opinions.

The fact is that since the demise of 2UE the ratings for 2GB have flatlined and TLS have spiralled down. The 2UE listeners have not moved to 2GB. This is probably party because the average 2UE listener had a both a brain and a pulse. 2GB talking points are obsessed with electricity generation and electricity prices.
You need to be a certain level of stupid to be so obsessed with AC/DC.

Thank God the FM licensees are not run by Macquarie Radio. They would have kept Nova but turned 95.3 into a 24 hour informercial.

7 Likes

The choice is 2GB vs ABC. ABC is the main competition.

They should’ve turned 2UE into a left wing commercial talkback station to steal ABC listeners.

3 Likes

2sm could capitalise on the demise UE and get announcers to move across. Like George and Paul, Mike Jefferies, Stuart Bocking , Tim Webster etc.

1 Like

As I noted in the Digital Radio thread, this tripe is now on DAB+ in Perth.

2 Likes

I heard a time call that they finish at 12pm. They are wrong its 10am haha. Listening to the perth stream in the app.

1 Like

It’s spreading like a disease

Maybe Canberra next once dab radio launches there with more bits. The phones seems to be dead at the moment no one can call in. It seems it happens quite a lot these days on the Saturday show.

I do like George and Paul show but no George and Paul on this weekend. Rob Duckworth with Suzy Yates.

“Talking Lifestyle Radio” have tweaked their logo.

It can be found on their Facebook page.

It says a bit about their brand recognition when they actually need to add in the word “radio”.

Not unless the name “Talking Lifestyle” was already registered or being used by someone else?

2 Likes

For the very little it’s worth, a comparison between the previous and current versions of the logo:
old new

As well as the addition of “R A D I O” underneath, the “TALKING” part of the logo has been bolded. But all in all, the logo was and still is the least of this station’s problems!

2 Likes

clearly nobody was tuning in so some re-branding is needed to remind people that it’s still broadcasting :stuck_out_tongue:

Although it probably would be better if they actually put the frequencies there! Even now their website still makes no mention of the AM frequencies for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.