Supermarkets and Retail

That freshly squeezed juice station will hopefully go the way of the coffee grinding stations many Coles and Woolworths had for years - out the door. I can see them becoming disgusting very quickly.

1 Like

Posted this about the Surrey Hills store last year after I stopped in,

I havenā€™t gone there since so they might have tweaked it. The Glenferrie one will be even worse given thereā€™s a full line but small Woolworths across the street - but then that old Coles was horrible so needed the replacement.

4 Likes

If the vending machine versions around the city can stay clean, surely an in store machine can be maintained.

Likely COVID / community transmission related considering they had to deal with a staff member getting it at the Highpoint location.

4 Likes

And itā€™s not just Victoria.

A lot of NSW stores still not open yet either.

2 Likes

The Hungry Jackā€™s self serve soft drink machines have always looked dodgy. They were never cleaned often enough, with sticky Coke spilt everywhere and covering all the buttons.

4 Likes

Those machines were the bane of my existence when managing at HJā€™s. Always made to look automatic but actually required so much human intervention.

3 Likes

Target Waurn Ponds has this look

They donā€™t exist anymore, so HJ still offer free refills over the counter?

1 Like

My local Hungry Jackā€™s still offers free soft drink refills over the counter, up until a couple of years ago, they used to have a soft drink refill machine.

1 Like

Story from Nine News

Johnson & Johnson will stop selling talc-based baby powder

Despite the headline, the story says

This will only impact sales in the US and Canada. It will continue to sell its products in other markets.

2 Likes

This is because it was written by CNN and the team who controls the news stories didnā€™t read it through. This story is meant to be for American audiences, not Australian.

EDIT: Looks like this was in the world segment. :neutral_face: I donā€™t know what to say anymoreā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s not how syndicated content in a CMS works.

They arenā€™t lying. Whatā€™s the issue.

The story is being pushed through to Australian audiencesā€™ news feeds, so the headline should reflect the situation more accurately and state something like Johnson & Johnson will stop selling talc-based baby powder in US and Canada. Otherwise it is essentially irrelevant to the Australian audience and just looks like click bait.

8 Likes

Expressed better. Well done.

1 Like

From Friday 22 May, the Carousel, Joondalup, Canberra City, Blacktown, Eastgardens, Charlestown, Maroochydore, Mackay and Marion stores will open.

All other stores will open on Wednesday, May 27.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Was Grace Bros kinda like Myer?

2 Likes

Grace Bros was a department store based in NSW, just like Myer was based in Victoria.

But I didnā€™t know Grace Bros once ran a store in Victoria either.

1 Like