Super Radio Network

Agreed.

It wouldn’t overly surprise me if Alan Jones were to eventually do something like short pre-recorded commentaries for the Super Radio Network (think an audio-only version of the segments he did for the Today Show back in the 1990s & 2000s), but his breakfast radio days are over I think.

3 Likes

Totally agree. I think this is now a chance for those rumours when Jones’ contract was about to expire to come true.

I could see an agreement with BOG, iHeart and Sky News eventuating post-breakfast radio retirement.

Even if it’s a pre-recorded weekly wrap up played across the Super Network.

3 Likes

Yep - and if he pre-records about an hour of content on Monday, by Friday the lawyers will be able to have a solid 6 minutes of content for BOG to air.

4 Likes

What, just the intros and outros?

“Hello.”
“Goodbye.”

1 Like

Do you mean these?

6 Likes

@TV-Expert and the reason being is due to the market structures where Bill and Pam have bought shells of stations from Gamble and the other Griffith farming families in the swap for Gympie’s s.39.

The heritage station in all three markets was ‘converted’ to FM via auction of the third commercial licence leaving a gap which became a low cost, easy listening network by the Gambles et al. When they cashed in their chips when Macquarie moved out of their camp and into merging the former DMG and RG assets, the swap happened and Bill swiftly used his 2SM/HD content to fill the licences.

With no ongoing programming destined for the three AM licences, and very low viability for this ‘third’ commercial licence, the only one on AM (no previous local shifts with prev owner), Bill & Pam continued that idea.

4 Likes

It’s a shame Now FM doesn’t stream online. Mediaspy’s own @hatdj is live tonight celebrating Now FM’s 30th birthday.

Happy Birthday 98.3 Now FM :tada: :partying_face:

9 Likes

If Now was local 24/7 they could potentially be one of the best sounding regional stations.

Nice production. And they just have fun with their playlist. Country, to pop and rock and more.

Well done to the team there.

3 Likes

Personally, I think they are :sunglasses:

1 Like

In other good BOG news, this has to be the networks second best recruit following John Laws:

4 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, 2MG is where Ken Sutcliffe’s media career began all those years ago! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s been EPIC, That’s all I can say :smiley:

8 Likes

Just had a look at the NOW FM Facebook page and seems like everyone had fun last night, and engagement with other posts on the page seems to be excellent! Congratulations and good work :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Agree.

It’s just bittersweet that they’re celebrating by going local just like the old days.

A shame that regional stations can’t go local these days on a Saturday night.

I’m sure there are a tonne of upcoming radio announcers who’d love to do a live & local request show on a Saturday.

5 Likes

I’d be at peace hosting a live and local Saturday night request show on commercial radio. I’ve hosted a Saturday Night show on the community station in Lismore for close to a year now - it has been good fun, but there isn’t much engagement which is a shame :(.

7 Likes

2TM in Tamworth have begun a new weekly program to promote Australian Country Music, the 2TM Australian Country Music Chart. It will commence this Friday 22nd May (the following article said 23rd May, which is a Saturday) at 4-5pm.

Source: Radioinfo

2 Likes

I reckon they meant Saturday. Can’t see a show like this airing during Friday drive.

1 Like

I’d say the opposite… Saturday afternoons is networked across all BOG AM and FM stations.

2TM is local till 5pm weekdays, so I’d say it’s a Friday arvo countdown.

Bill wouldn’t be happy if listeners lost the ‘brilliant’ weekend AM network feed.

… I wonder if Bill knows that 2TM is cutting into 2hrs of Talkin’ Sport? …

1 Like

Hill FM has posted this on their facebook page today:

Change is coming June 1st
Are You Ready??

Any ideas?

That page doesn’t work anymore, so maybe it’s a new page!

2 Likes