Stan

STAN PARTNERS WITH THE AUSTRALIAN CHILDREN’S TELEVISION FOUNDATION

Stan, Australia’s unrivalled home of original productions, today announced it has partnered with the Australian Children’s Television Foundation (ACTF) to bring exciting live action projects to the screen for young and family audiences across Australia.

The announcement calls for pitches of feature length, live action film, with a G or PG rating, for children and their families, or a tween/teen audience. Applications open today (Wednesday, 11 August) , with writers, creators and producers submitting their projects to https://actf.com.au/stan-initiative . Applications close Monday, 13 September.

Paul Fletcher MP, Minister for Communications, Urban Infrastructure, Cities and the Arts, said: “The Morrison Government is pleased to see the ACTF partner with Stan to bring high quality new content to Australian children and their families to enjoy, as well as providing excellent opportunities for Australian writers, creators and producers.

Cailah Scobie, Chief Content Officer at Stan, said: “The partnership between ACTF and Stan is another strong signal of Stan’s investment and commitment to produce original content for Australian audiences – and in this case our youngest audiences.

“ACTF has supported high quality children’s content for nearly 40 years, and are leaders in their field, and we welcome this collaboration and working with the sector to bring these feature films to life.”

Jenny Buckland, ACTF CEO, said: “The ACTF wants to support high quality Australian children’s content on all the platforms children engage with, and for a long time we have admired the original Australian content Stan has been commissioning for adult audiences. So we are absolutely thrilled that Stan is now stepping into the children’s space with this commitment to children’s films and looking forward to working with Stan in this partnership.”

Applications open today (Wednesday 11 August) and are due Monday, 13 September.

1 Like

Far, far too niche of a platform.
I’m surprised that Josh hasn’t been able to get a production on a more mainstream streaming service considering the global success of Please Like Me.

Can’t say I’m surprised. I couldn’t get into season 2. The pandemic ruined the story a bit I think. I’m not sure what episode I got up to, but they were all set in lockdown/the house.

2 Likes

I couldn’t get into Season 1 tbh though pushed through it, haven’t done Season 2 but will probably push through it as well to see it out and because I like Josh Thomas and LOVED Please Like Me… but definitely no where near as good as I thought it would be.

1 Like

No I like Josh a lot too, but “Everythings Gonna be OKay” is no “Please Like me”. Hopefully Josh can come up with another project here at home soon.

1 Like

He posted an insta video today and mentioned he was working on another project that involves him needing to be on Grindr to do ‘research’.

3 Likes

Best excuse for being on Grindr I’ve heard so far. :grin: Pleased to hear that, he is very talented.

Given ratings for Season 1, I’m surprised they made Season 2. I hope with Season 2 it doesn’t end on a cliffhanger, though I’m assuming not.

The 8×30’ series will premiere on Canadian pubcaster CBC and HBO Max later this year.

May be of interest:

4 Likes

That will ensure a continued back catalogue from Warner for stan which is good.

Seems a non exclusive deal with some of those titles also appearing elsewhere.

3 Likes

STAN AND WARNERMEDIA SIGN EXTENDED CONTENT DEAL

• Stan extends rights to new slate of blockbuster Warner Bros. movies

• Every episode of The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men available

• Iconic Warner Bros. series renewed, including The West Wing , The O.C. and more

• New slate of children’s content, including DC animated series and films and a selection of Cartoon Network animation

Australia’s leading local streaming service Stan today announced it has extended its content partnership with WarnerMedia in a new deal that will bring a large slate of blockbuster movies to Stan, alongside over a thousand hours of iconic Warner Bros. television content and a raft of new children’s animated series and films.

The agreement will see more than 180 major Hollywood movies become available to stream on Stan, including every film in the Harry Potter series (including the Fantastic Beasts films), The Lord of the Rings and The Hangover trilogies, Dunkirk and a vast collection of DC titles including Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins and The Dark Knight , Wonder Woman , Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice , Justice League , Suicide Squad , and many more.

Every episode of The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men will be available on Stan as part of the new deal, while renewing existing rights to every episode of the iconic Warner Bros. television series The West Wing , The O.C. , The Flash , Hart of Dixie , The Last Ship and The Following . These series will continue alongside Stan’s current catalogue of WarnerMedia television content, which includes Gossip Girl , The Vampire Diaries , The Fresh Prince of Bel Air , Pretty Little Liars , The Originals , iZombie , Containment and more.

In addition to bringing over a thousand hours of premium film and television content, today’s announcement also sees Stan significantly bolster its already stellar animation offering for kids of all ages.

Countless acclaimed animated DC series will soon arrive on Stan, including Batman: The Animated Series , Superman: The Animated Series , Justice League and more, alongside an enormous library of animated DC films, including: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 and 2 , Batman: Mask of the Phantasm , Batman: Bad Blood , Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman , Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies , Superman: Unbound , Superman: Doomsday , Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths , Justice League: Doom , Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox , Justice League: War , Lego Justice League: Legion Of Doom! , Lego DC Super Hero Girls: Brain Drain , Lego DC Super Heroes: The Flash and many more.

Stan has also renewed its streaming rights for numerous Cartoon Network animated series, including Regular Show , Steven Universe , The Powerpuff Girls , Ben 10 , We Bare Bears and more – with Animaniacs seasons one and two and Infinity Train seasons two and three also set to receive their Australian premieres exclusively on Stan.

Stan’s Acting CEO Martin Kugeler said: “Stan’s longstanding partnership with WarnerMedia has seen us bring some of the world’s biggest film and television franchises directly into Australian living rooms. We look forward to continuing to work with one of Hollywood’s most iconic studios to bring even more premium WarnerMedia content to our subscribers.”

2 Likes

The show will also be making history, with Victoria Scone set to become the first cisgender woman to compete on the series.

Stan will stream season 3 of Drag Race UK this September with every episode airing the same day as Britain.

1 Like

Wow Big Bang is now gonna be on all streaming platforms, whoever owns the rights to that show must be making a lot in licensing fees from Australia.

Also in the US is WarnerMedia part of HBO Max?

WarnerMedia is the parent company of WarnerMedia Direct which owns HBO Max, and ultimately owns the rights to The Big Bang Theory through the Warner Bros Television subsidiary.

1 Like

They need to stop rebooting everything.

2 Likes

Paramount + all their originals seem to be revivals and reboots.

Season 4 of Yellowstone premieres on Stan on Monday, November 8.