Stan

But you’re not just paying for sports, but all the movies and tv shows as well. Just like im not just paying $25 to Kayo for league and rugby, I’m paying for all the afl, golf, cricket etc that I don’t watch

TBI reports streaming platform Sundance Now has picked up US and Canadian rights to The Commons, starring Joanne Froggatt, which debuted on Stan on Christmas Day last year.

1 Like

Stan will be streaming The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reunion this Thursday, same time as the US, as well as all 148 episodes of the original series.

3 Likes

I happened to be home today and there was a guest on The Today Show or the one after it and talking about it and said it would was a HBOMax show and probably be on Binge in Australia.

Glad Stan got it .

By the way Will is 52 ! So in 8 years he would be 60 ! , looks about 40 something. Doesn’t look like plastic surgery either. Carlton aka Alfonso hasn’t aged much either.

3 Likes

Black don’t crack but botox helps too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Stan has bought upcoming Channel 4/HBO Max drama It’s a Sin, created by Russell T Davies (Years and Years).

1 Like

I think it’s a channel 4 show actually

5 Likes

So weird seeing the words HBO on the logo splash screen thingy before The Fresh Prince Reunion aired . Different HBO to Foxtel’s HBO deal for Binge?

Also if Big Bang Theory was added to Netflix first then Binge, I assume there is no reason Stan cannot get it (other than cost?) . It doesn’t seem “exclusive” to one streamer.

It would be great if Stan could pick up that and Young Sheldon.

Who produced the Fresh Prince Reunion? Could it have been a deal with the producers, not the distributor?

3 Likes

Not sure, all I found on IMDB it just lists a worldwide distributor as HBO Max.

Is it more about who has the rights to distribute … or who produced it when a streaming show goes to a streaming service internationally?

Stan original film A Sunburnt Christmas premieres on December 11.

2 Likes

A movie about the man who committed the Port Arthur massacre, Nitram, will be released at the 2021 Melbourne International Film Festival, before it is streamed on Stan. The movie stars Judy Davis, Essie Davis, Anthony LaPaglia and American actor Caleb Landry Jones as Martin Bryant, and is currently being shot in Geelong.
Next year is the 25th anniversary of the tragic event.

2 Likes

This will be a very interesting watch.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

The original series Walker, Texas Ranger will be available on Stan from 8 January. (It was originally broadcast on Nine, back when they had a long-term output deal with CBS and would regularly schedule first-run US dramas after 11:00pm).

3 Likes

Stan has dropped the original Saved By the Bell series and also the College years.

5 Likes

This looks absolutely fantastic. Cannot wait. Streaming once again leading the way in Aussie drama.

I agree, it looks fantastic and I’ll definitely be checking it out.

Cerulean Blue, a movie about mental health and filmed in Geelong and Golden Plains Shire in 2017, will stream on Stan from this Wednesday (December 30).
https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/entertainment/geelongfilmed-production-cerulean-blue-set-for-stan-debut/news-story/79f9a34dac5f406d043b6028341b0dbb

1 Like