Stan

They’ve picked up some good library content there.

5 Likes

He was right, Disney+ is not a threat. I think I might reactivate my Stan account now.

2 Likes

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if Disney buys into Stan eventually.

I’m not seeing Disney+ as a massive threat to be honest. Its ok, but it definitely doesn’t appeal to an adult audience in the same way Netflix/Stan do. I subscribe to all 3 to be honest, plus Hulu in the U.S and I leech of someone elses Prime and Kayo Account - I’m at my limit of subscriptions now I think.

3 Likes

It would appear Nine’s (Stan) relationship with Disney is ongoing, for content not suitable for Disney Plus.

Australia’s Hulu?

1 Like

Only the 50 millionth person to say that now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So Disney and Stan still have a relationship?

They obviously do because Disney product is on Stan.

3 Likes

I was winding you up Jbar.

Anyone think Stan could become like Hulu but in Australia?

2 Likes

I know everyone’s said this by now, but I can definitely see Stan being boosted by being in a relationship with Disney. Perhaps that’s why Stan were so coy when Disney+ was launched.
TBH, Stan is offering a much more compelling product for me than Netflix is at the moment.

1 Like

Not hard to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s hard to tell when you’re just playing dumb sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

You, shut up! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Until Disney turns psycho and stabs Stan in the back. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, if Disney ends up offering a second tier of programs or another streaming service with the rest of its catalogue, I could see Stan merging with that.

Could’ve fooled me

Who said I am playing dumb? :stuck_out_tongue:

That was the whole point!

1 Like

I do wonder how long Nine signed their Disney deal for? Stan obviously shorter than broadcast (as they knew Disney+ potential launch time a year out).

Assuming it’s around 3 years perhaps, using Seven’s ‘cherry pick deals’ in 2011 and again in 2013 with Sony as a precedent.

As this new NBCU output will be costing Nine a bucket load! Though doubtful anywhere near the quoted $200 million Hamish Turner told TVT they paid back in 1997 for their old WB exclusive output!

Yeah. You’re not smart enough to play dumb. :laughing:

1 Like

Buffy is the horrible HD remaster cropped version on Stan apparently.

1 Like

It is quoted as $10-$15 million iirc.

1 Like