Stan

Cerulean Blue, a movie about mental health and filmed in Geelong and Golden Plains Shire in 2017, will stream on Stan from this Wednesday (December 30).
https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/entertainment/geelongfilmed-production-cerulean-blue-set-for-stan-debut/news-story/79f9a34dac5f406d043b6028341b0dbb

1 Like

Premieres on Stan on January 23, same day as UK.

Silence of the Lambs spinoff series Clarice is coming to Stan next month.

3 Likes
2 Likes

So it’s no longer available on Foxtel, then.

2 Likes

Never ever heard of Walter Presents.

I looked it up , is it video on demand service of UK’s Channel 4 ?

1 Like

Yes it is. It came to Australia via Foxtel in 2017.

1 Like

so I’m guessing the Foxtel rights have expired and stan have picked then up

2 Likes

JAMIE DORNAN CAST IN STAN ORIGINAL SERIES THE TOURIST AS HBO MAX BOARDS, JOINING BBC ONE AND STAN

Danielle Macdonald, Shalom Brune-Franklin and Hugo Weaving also confirmed to join Stan Original Series produced by Two Brothers Pictures.

Filming commences early 2021 in South Australia.

Stan , along with Bafta-nominated and Emmy and Golden Globe-winning production company Two Brothers Pictures ( Baptiste, The Missing, Fleabag ), headed up by acclaimed writers Harry and Jack Williams, today announce the casting of Jamie Dornan as the lead in the new Stan Original Series, The Tourist ; a character-driven, mystery-packed, six-part thriller charting one man’s search for his identity. The release also confirms HBO Max as US partner, after the series was announced by Stan and BBC ONE last year, and will begin production in early 2021.

Jamie Dornan ( A Private War, The Fall, Wild Mountain Thyme ) stars as a British man who finds himself in the glowing red heart of the Australian outback, being pursued by a vast tank truck trying to drive him off the road. An epic cat and mouse chase unfolds and the man later wakes in hospital, hurt, but somehow alive. Except he has no idea who he is. With merciless figures from his past pursuing him, The Man’s search for answers propels him through the vast and unforgiving outback.

Danielle Macdonald (Stan Original Film I Am Woman, Unbelievable ) will star as Helen Chambers, a fledgling Probationary Constable, and Shalom Brune-Franklin ( Line of Duty, Roadkill ) is set to play Luci, a waitress who’s swept into The Man’s journey for answers. Hugo Weaving ( The Lord of The Rings, Patrick Melrose ) plays Agent Lachlan Rogers, one of the most highly regarded detective inspectors in Australia, leading Major Crime for the state police.

Full of shocking, surprising, funny and brutal turns, The Tourist is set in a world populated by quirky, enigmatic characters and off-beat black comedy punctuates high-stakes action. At its heart however, is a story of self-discovery with a ticking timebomb underneath: as The Man starts to uncover the mystery of who he was, he’s also forced to ask who he is now – and fast. Will he unlock the secrets of his identify before those who are trying to kill him catch up with him?

Jamie Dornan said : “The Tourist are some of the most exciting scripts I’ve ever read. I can’t wait to go to Australia with such a talented group of people.”

Harry and Jack Williams, Writers and Managing Directors of Two Brothers Pictures said : “We’re hugely excited about this show. It’s tonally breaking new ground for us, and having Jamie Dornan on board is the icing on the Australian cake. Thrilled to be working with Chris Sweeney again as well as the BBC, HBO Max and Stan.”

Danielle Macdonald said : “Helen is a fascinating and intriguing character, I fell in love with her on page one. I ended up reading all the episodes in one sitting because I couldn’t put them down! I’m so excited to get to be a part of this incredible project and I can’t wait to start filming alongside the amazing cast and production team.”

Shalom Brune-Franklin said: “This story is really unique and I’m excited to be a part of bringing it to life with this brilliant team. I’m looking forward to adding to the thrilling mystery of these scripts with the wonderfully intriguing character of Luci. It’s very exciting to be working on such a great project in Australia - it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

Hugo Weaving said: “I’m very excited to be slipping into the skin of one of the fabulously idiosyncratic characters who people the desert landscape of The Tourist . The scripts are wonderful. Dark and shocking, surprising and hilarious and always very human. This is a tonally uniquely project and should be an unforgettable ride and shoot for us all.”

Nick Forward, Stan’s Chief Content Officer said: “Set in Australia’s iconic outback, The Tourist is an incredible cat and mouse story. We’re thrilled to have Jamie Dornan as the lead in this original series , along with a strong local cast including Danielle Macdonald, Shalom Brune-Franklin and Hugo Weaving. Working with world class partners like BBC One, HBO Max and Two Brothers Pictures, along with local partners South Australian Film Corporation (SAFC) and Highview Productions, The Tourist is a remarkable original series – and our biggest one yet. We can’t wait to bring this thrilling six-part series to Stan.”

Lisa Scott, Producer, Highview Productions said : “Along with the team from Two Brothers, I am very excited to bring a series of this calibre and size to South Australia, the first project to utilise the Location Incentive funding in this state. This will be my third collaboration with Stan and I commend Mike Sneesby for his continuing support of bold and exciting stories from Australia and around the globe.”

Heading into production in early 2021, The Tourist is produced by Two Brothers Pictures and written by Jack and Harry Williams in association with Highview Productions, All3Media International and the South Australian Film Corporation. HBO MAX is also confirmed as the US broadcaster and ZDF as the German broadcaster, having been commissioned last year by BBC One in association with Stan, the Australian co-commissioning partner. The Stan Original Series also received funding from the Australian Government under the Location Incentive program.

Stan Original Series The Tourist is a Two Brothers Pictures (an All3Media company) production for the BBC, in association with Highview Productions, All3Media International, the South Australian Film Corporation, HBO Max, Stan and ZDF. The 6x60 drama has been written by Bafta®-nominated and Emmy® and Golden Globe®-winning producers and screenwriters Harry and Jack Williams ( Baptiste, The Missing, Lair ), who alongside Christopher Aird ( Baptiste, Liar, Clique ) and Andrew Benson will serve as executive producers for Two Brothers Pictures and Tommy Bulfin ( Normal People, Line of Duty, Peaky Blinders) for the BBC. Lisa Scott (Stan Original Film A Sunburnt Christmas, The Hunting, ) will produce and Chris Sweeney ( Liar, Back to Life ) will executive produce and direct. International sales will be handled by All3Media International.

Photo credit: Jamie Dornan: Adam Whitehead; Hugo Weaving: Gerhard Kassner; Danielle Macdonald: Getty; Shalom Brune- Franklin: Simon Fitzpatrick

2 Likes

It is the first collaboration between Stan and HBO Max. If this show rates well, they will be involved in more co-productions in the future.

3 Likes

Just a reminder that Stan Sport has its own dedicated thread

1 Like

Not really. HBO Max will show it in the US. BBC is the main partner.

Just wondering what version of Shrek 2 is on Stan. I know it’s not the same one that used to be on Netflix (which I believe was the USA version, and this version is in PAL speed (which the UK version was only commercially released in), but I swear the Stepsister (his first scene is when you know what version you’re watching) has a dull, unfitting “trailer announcer”-like voice from memory. I’ve been thinking it might be the UK version but the credits list the USA voice actor for him, which is confusing me.

2 Likes

Along with being financed with assistance from the South Australian Film Corporation, it was announced today in the Screen Australia press release that Gold had received part of the $5.9 million in funding for the movie.

Gold: A feature film from writer/director/producer Anthony Hayes ( Ten Empty ), which follows two drifters (played by Hayes and Zac Efron) travelling through the outback who stumble across the biggest gold nugget ever found. They hatch a plan to protect and excavate their bounty but, when one man leaves to get equipment, the other remains and must endure the harsh desert climate, while battling the creeping doubt that he has been abandoned to his own fate. The creative team also features writer Polly Smyth and producers John Schwarz and Michael Schwarz of Deeper Water Films ( Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan ). The executive producers are Andrew Mann ( Buckley’s Chance ), Peter Touche, Simon Williams, Paul Wiegard, Will Clarke, Andy Mayson, Nick Forward and Mike Runagall. Gold will premiere as a Stan Original following a national theatrical release through Madman in 2021. It is financed in association with Stan, Altitude films, Ingenious Media and with support from the South Australian Film Corporation.

1 Like

The CW has renewed Walker (streaming on Stan) for a second season and also extended the first season by five episodes.

2 Likes

This seems to be confirmation that Younger will finish with the conclusion of season 7.

There are reports that the Kelsey Peters spin-off staring Hilary Duff has been given the green light.

1 Like

SBS’s acting head of scripted Amanda Duthie is set to join Stan.

UPDATE 16/2: Variety reports Duthie has officially been confirmed as head of scripted entertainment at Stan.

1 Like

I signed up to Stan the HD plan via Itunes to save some money.

2 Likes

Sky UK drama I Hate Suzie, starring and co-created by Billie Piper, has been renewed for a second season.

The Gloaming will be streaming in the US on Starz from March 21, not on one of Disney’s TV channels or Hulu.

2 Likes