Stan

I do wonder how long Nine signed their Disney deal for? Stan obviously shorter than broadcast (as they knew Disney+ potential launch time a year out).

Assuming it’s around 3 years perhaps, using Seven’s ‘cherry pick deals’ in 2011 and again in 2013 with Sony as a precedent.

As this new NBCU output will be costing Nine a bucket load! Though doubtful anywhere near the quoted $200 million Hamish Turner told TVT they paid back in 1997 for their old WB exclusive output!

Yeah. You’re not smart enough to play dumb. :laughing:

1 Like

Buffy is the horrible HD remaster cropped version on Stan apparently.

1 Like

It is quoted as $10-$15 million iirc.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound too bad then

1 Like

It is available on Stan from today before FTA premiere on Nine on December 28.

However the move may not have any immediate or even longer term impact in Australia. Hoodlum had renewed its first-look deal with ABC Studios International and Disney Media Distribution will handle sales of The Gloaming.

1 Like

This premieres on Disney owned Freeform cable channel on January 16th.

He does a pretty bad American accent in that trailer.

He’s not doing an American accent. It sounds like he is just doing his regular mangled accent. :laughing:

In the trailer he says “my dad abandoned my mother and me when got a woman pregnant in America”. So that suggests his character could be Australian or possibly Irish/British.

Snap! I actually find his voice annoying, somehow I wish someone dubs all his speaking parts :laughing:

The blonde girl has a voice like Bernadette off Big Bang Theory.

deleted next paragraph : wrong info.

Not the first time an older actor has played a younger character.

Gabrielle Carteris played 15-year-old Andrea Zuckerman on Beverly Hills 90210 when she was 29.

I deleted that as I was reading the article wrong, Josh’s character is 25 years old it said.

Yes, we don’t know how old the sister will be on the show but the article says the two sisters are his “teenage half-sisters”. The actress Kayla Cromer is also 25 but Maeve Press is 15.

Wouldn’t Stan have picked this up anyway because it’s a Freeform show and they have Disney stuff ? Or could Foxtel have bid for it ?

Strange that Stan has now added the 4 indiana jones movies. I thought these 4 movies would be on Disney+ since Disney nows owns lucusfilm and lucasfilm produced these movies

1 Like

Google says However, Paramount Pictures continued to own distribution rights for the film series.

1 Like

Bodyhack has been added to Stan.

3 Likes