Wide World of Sports (formerly Sports Sunday)

Oh yes, thanks for that info. I had a mind blank regarding Danika Mason on the Footy Show. I wasn’t certain though with the NRLW coverage. Good to read that Emma Lawrence is hosting that.

1 Like

Temporarily?

1 Like

I know the set gets its fair amount of criticism on here but it looks good on Sports Sunday I believe, some caps from last weekends Sports Sunday.

5 Likes

Just need to get a screen on that desk that goes all the way and isn’t panels with painfully obvious lines.

They need to just chuck that one out and start again, it is really showing its age now.

2 Likes

And jeez it looks really bad like this:

Today’s show is coming from the grounds of Sydney Olympic Park, near Stadium Australia, the venue of tonight’s NRL Grand Final.

And for a first (in a long time?), it is airing at 10am across the country. The Footy Shows airing at 11am.

2 Likes

Putting this on instead of the Sunday Footy Show in Melbourne is ridiculous. Nobody here cares about the Rugby

3 Likes

2 Likes

I agree. Odd decision to air this at 10am in the AFL Cities. Fans of AFL want to see the Grand Final wrap on the Footy Show, not a NRL ad on Sports Sunday! lol.

Roz Kelly has mentioned three times already for the AFL cities that The Footy Show will air straight after the show. Already getting a backlash?

2 Likes

in Sydney we get the epic rugby league grand final

League or Union? Be specific.

1 Like

Rugby is shorthand for Rugby Union. League is shorthand for Rugby League.

Melburnians only say that when the Storm have been eliminated. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yep… Nine should have given Sports Sunday a miss in the southern state and extended the AFL footy show. Especially when Nine continues to lose in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide.

1 Like

That’s nice. I really do not care about any of it.

I would say most wouldn’t haven’t even realised. :wink:

To be fair, the Sunday Footy Show AFL hosts might’ve appreciated the extra hour sleep-in after daylight saving took effect overnight, not to mention they would’ve been at the Grand Final yesterday so probably needed the rest. And it’s also Tony Jones’ 60th birthday.

1 Like

Doesn’t The Sunday Footy Show usually finish the week before the grand final?

Don’t know about the NRL version but the AFL version usually finishes the day after the Grand Final, as is the case today, on air from 11am-1pm.

3 Likes

Sports Sunday is on every Sunday, today’s episode obviously has a greater NRL flavour since it’s Grand Final Day and Nine is showing the game live nationally on the main channel everywhere in prime time, so naturally they’re wanting to promote it.

The Sunday Footy Show AFL follows Sports Sunday in the AFL states and goes for 2 hours, so overall I think Nine is perfectly justified in their scheduling with this.

3 Likes