Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Thanks for sharing these, always wondered what the transition from SAS Adelaide looks like!

I really don’t know why they haven’t agreed an outro to give GTS/BKN a cleaner transition. I get that Adelaide wants to bleed straight in to TT, but a quick recap of the headlines or something would do the trick.

I’ve heard Prime’s “Victoria” news (HSV edited from an hour to 30mins) is just as disjointed.

2 Likes

*Only on Prime Albury AFAIK.

When I saw it in Albury last year it went like this:

• At 6.30pm they go into the opener when the title card is playing (this is Seven News with Peter Mitchell).
  • They play some of the first segment of the news and then after a report plays out, they randomly go to an ad break. They then pick up live for the start of the sports segment.
4 Likes

Special opener and background for ANZAC Day:

6 Likes

same from last few years, though that’s the National War memorial in the background.

3 Likes

I come to Southern Cross just for the witty snide remarks at the end of the bulletin :grin:

13 Likes

Yes, I did see tonight’s line from Murph, glad they make it to the uploaded bulletins! I had a chuckle at the one tonight, he often picks on Jo’s choice of attire. Doesn’t do so much with Rachel, I think because Jo is the one who usually bites back or can be completely thrown sometimes with what he comes up with.

5 Likes

Could you imagine the outcry from the perpetually offended if a male newsreader made such comments about the attire of a female presenter in a Sydney or Melbourne bulletin?

13 Likes

A shame for the rest of the country that Jo Palmer is with Southern Cross - she’s terrific. Wish she had broader exposure.

2 Likes

In the one where he critique her dress, it almost sounds like she calls him a wanker. :smiley:

3 Likes

SX News Tasmania needs to try some Female Weather Presenters to Fill Murph’s Shoes once he Retires which could be Anytime Now, Also Either Candice, Britt, Laura or Carmen could read a Bulletin if Jo or Rachel is’nt Present during the Summer Months as either Woman would last Forever.

why does his replacement have to be female?

Regardless, Southern Cross News do have female weather presenters on weekends or when Murphy is away

6 Likes

Although it’d be nice if Southern Cross News Tasmania hired a female weather presenter once Pete Murphy retired, with the bulletin currently having female newsreaders on both weeknights & weekends I don’t see it as being a major issue.

Ten Melbourne…now there’s a station who’s news service desperately needs a female presenter as part of it’s weeknight team. But that’s discussion point for another topic.

1 Like

The current sports presenter since Brad left is female no?

As far as I can remember, all the other weather presenters apart from Murph are female now, the male ones they had haven’t been on for a long time.

1 Like

Regardless of whether they’re male or female, as long as they’re knowledgeable on the weather, and not just a journalist quoting the BOM

2 Likes

Most weather presenters are doing just that. In Melbourne I think Jane Bunn is the only one actually qualified as a meteorologist.

5 Likes

Special projection graphic for the Hobart flood crisis coverage.

20 Likes

Was interesting the use of the new angles tonight for this coverage and with reporters across the city (possibly only a street away from each other…) still was good coverage though.

The rest of the coverage here: https://youtu.be/kG6mD20C7BM

2 Likes

Seven Melbourne had some footage with Southern Cross mic flags, but Blake Johnston was sent down to report.

2 Likes