Seven & Ten News (SCA)

I don’t know what goes on behind closed doors at SCTV but you’re probably right, this has been going on for ages and they only physically started doing something in July.

1 Like

Yea, from memory it was around June/July when things started to emerge of a relaunch. Hoping for a new set rather than a recycled set from Melbourne as you said.

6 Likes

I don’t get what you’re saying here?

2 Likes

@EyewitnessTV Can you please record on Saturday for coverage of the election please?

3 Likes

I’ve been practicing to get the recordings off my Fetch but will have ABC, Southern Cross and WIN recording. I’ll see if I can check anything on TDT9 but I highly doubt they’ll have anything.

Very nice to see GTS/BKN acknowledge their 50th anniversary year.

Interesting though that they used the old logos for SC10 (I guess because it’s still on all of their buildings), GO! and GEM in that short animation.

5 Likes

Looks like this will be part of the new southern cross news package in Tasmania. It featured in the election coverage… credits to uploader @ando9185

15 Likes

Yes, that was definitely a new one I hadn’t seen before, had the words behind all scrolling around. Looks like there might have been a few package elements come through tonight.

3 Likes

Looks like it might be a copy of the current Seven News package then?

2 Likes

Just posted on the SC News Tas FB page.

6 Likes

For how long it’s taken, it’s just a screen and a desk with the ugly globe backdrop from Seven…

4 Likes

Don’t jump to conclusions we haven’t even seen it on air being used to its full capacity!.. half of it is blacked out… and it’s already better than what 7 Perth is offering.

6 Likes

Personally I think we should reserve our full judgement until we see more of the set than just a darkened promo shot, but judging by that it does look like the set/desk might be at least partially influenced by the current Sydney/national set for Seven News.

Not sure if it’s being shown like that on TV down in Tasmania but it’s great to see the promo in HD on that Facebook upload. It’ll be rather interesting to see if the bulletin (and perhaps more importantly, main channel programing from Seven) will be seen in native HD once the relaunch happens.

Having the “new” version of the logo on the desk and the “old” version of the logo overlayed at the end is a bit inconsistent. A nice “piano” version of the music though! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not a very big looking desk but a nice one by the looks of it (from what we can see of it anyway):

13 Likes

Judging by that cap, I get the feeling we will be getting a cheap clone of the Sydney set…

9 Likes

It will probably still be better than whatever WIN (or Nine News Regional) dishes out anyway.

4 Likes

Not to mention that pretty much anything is an improvement on the current (and well over two, closer to three decades old) set!

8 Likes

The one fingered piano theme sounds nice.

5 Likes

This video was shown tonight during an ad-break in Home and Away too. Expecting to see it a few more times this week before launching on Tuesday after the long weekend if the date provided earlier is correct.

2 Likes