Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Abbey seems much better. Amy is a bit harsh.
also it’s giving me chill how ‘sunrise’ and ‘sunset’ aren’t aligned.

Amy Stevenson has also been doing the TDT9 Noodle Updates that I’ve seen this year too.

Not familiar with either of them, but Abbey’s presentation seems more polished. Presume she’s the more experienced of the two.

Fraser is a very good presenter, particularly by SC standards. The bulletin has certainly improved in that aspect. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on to something bigger.

Well he did migrate over from a reporting role at Seven Adelaide.

Lol

Where is that bulletin presented from? The weather component obviously comes from Canberra…

Please explain?

Canberra also.

I have a feeling that the new Tasmanian set is going to be the Seven Melbourne set shipped over with upgraded cameras and equipment…

5 Likes

Interesting if that were the case, but how come they teased “change is coming”, back in June/July of last year? Were they waiting for Seven Melbourne to offload their Set, or a new Set is being built but there are some teething problems that have to be dealt with first? Very odd. :neutral_face:

1 Like

It’s worth noting that they are spending $1mil + "into state of the art equipment plus the construction of new studios and sets"
In saying that though, the twisted metal set screen and its wooden surroundings was shipped to the Hobart Newsroom and is used when crosses are made.

6 Likes

True, but since Hobart isn’t their base of operations why not recycle?

In what capacity is the screen used, since they normally put Jo in front of a key?

1 Like

2 Likes

It was just the projection screen that was shipped to Tasmania, and it went to Launceston - not Hobart.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if we see the old Seven News Set in Tasmania. (I’m sure with a few modifications)

3 Likes

So presumably look forward to seeing the same blue world map background, but projected onto a giant screen?

3 Likes

I’d be interested to know where people are getting info from about the Tassie news. A lot of the stuff on here seems to be a bit of guesswork.

Also, Jo isn’t in front of a key

5 Likes

14 Likes

Anyone know if the relaunch is tonight? Or if it’s coming soon?

1 Like

The tagline sounds very tacky.