Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Ahh, I remember her now. Obviously she never presented the Tas updates but I remember previously seeing an upload of yours with her.

Upon watching her again, I agree with those comments you quoted. She would have to be the worst newsreader I’ve ever seen on the noodle updates. IMO I’d have Chester above Keiran and even slightly ahead Sam.

Edit: Haha - those eyebrows are real crazy looking! I was kinda distracted through the entire update watching them! :smile:

3 Likes

I think she might have done a TDT update or two previously but I haven’t watched all that often. Voice isn’t too bad, there’s worse ones out there but I love the eyebrows!

My wife had a real issue with Grace Fitzgibbon, couldn’t stand her.

These are the absolute worst news updates around aren’t they?

The opener / closer theme is just tacky.

All the graphics and presenters - tacky.

…and as for the actual news … does anyone actually listen?

These should be 100% outsourced to Sky News, APN, ABC or someone else!

They have. Since launching its Nine-produced regional bulletins, the only regions that receive SCA’s noodle updates are Darwin, Central and Tasmania (TDT).

I don’t remember ever seeing her but I could be wrong that she never did one locally I suppose.

I didn’t mind Grace to be honest. She always seemed overly cheery on a lot of her updates I saw (not that that’s a bad of course just very different to most of the previous newsreaders :wink:).

Agree with you on most points apart from this.

Not all of the presenters are “tacky”. Just most of them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jo marked her 21st year as part of the Southern Cross family. Cheers! :tada::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Still no word on the new Tasmania set? The last we heard of it was…

JU-LY! J-U-L-Y!

2 Likes

Probably waiting for the media reforms to pass so it can be brought out as the 7 News set and no changes have actually occurred other than just plugging it in.

Video of her 20 years at the network:

2 Likes

Pete Murphy’s 30 years:

1 Like

Those vids broken for everybody else too?

4 Likes

Apologies guys. They should be fixed now. Let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Special time for the news tonight due to the twilight AFL Preliminary Final coverage.

6pm bulletin to air on 7TWO and another at 8pm on SCTV at the conclusion of the Richmond vs GWS game.
https://www.facebook.com/sctvnews/posts/1591085670934242

2 Likes

Seven Melbourne aren’t doing the double bulletin this year.

Would be good if Seven Melbourne aired SCTV news as a one off if they cant get it to air in time.

1 Like

Both bulletins were live too. Stories were similar order between the two bulletins but where in the 6pm bulletin they included a progress score and a small report of the lead up to the game, the 8pm bulletin had the full story in the first block.
In the 6pm bulletin the sports was read by Rachel Williams as Tom Cooper was at UTAS Stadium doing a live cross for the TSL Grand Final which had just completed. He mentioned that he was looking forward to joining Rachel back at the desk shortly and in the 8pm bulletin he was back in the studio doing the sport.

The weather was also live and included the current temps at 6pm:
Hobart - Cloudy - 15
Launceston - Partly Cloudy - 13
Devonport - Rain - 13

And at 8pm had the following instead:
Hobart - Rain - 14
Launceston - Mostly Cloudy - 13
Devonport - Rain - 12

A good effort for them. No mention during the football though that there was a bulletin on 7Two during half time. The end of the 6pm bulletin did however mention that there would be a bulletin at around 8 following the football.

5 Likes

Update:

Some gear for the new studio:

11 Likes

Do you have an approximate timeline for when the new set will be completed?

1 Like

I read some comments and apparently it’s January

1 Like

SCA to invest over $1.5 million in Tasmania for state of the art TV facilities, equipment and upgrades

Southern Cross News is Tasmania’s most watched TV news program. Recognition of the program’s long term success by parent company Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) has seen a major injection of funds, reinvesting back into Tasmania to upgrade facilities across the state.

The investment in excess of $1.5 million dollars will see the installation of state of the art equipment plus the construction of new studios and sets.

Director of News; Grant Wilson, said viewers will be treated to a complete revamp of the product and the team of presenters, journalists and technical crew are excited about delivering a contemporary product with the best equipment available.

Tasmanians are passionate about their local communities and Southern Cross News is committed to delivering the content our viewers want to see. Our dedicated team leave no stone unturned to make sure we deliver every day.

The team producing Tasmania’s most watched news is delighted to welcome the company’s first video journalist to the fold. Focusing on the state’s North West Coast our VJ will ensure the delivery of the state’s most comprehensive local content. Rita Rizk joined the Team as the North West Coast video journalist on September 12.

SCA’s Head of Regional Media; Rick Lenarcic, said that SCA is committed to localism and the community. With additional resources, new equipment and studios, Southern Cross News will continue to deliver first class local and national content for all Tasmanians.

15 Likes

Sounds good, hopefully along with a new set they look to deliver an new look for the bulletin also.

7 Likes