Seven & Ten News (SCA)

http://www.gtsbkn.com.au/news is a page of SCA corporate news. They didn’t put much thought into the website reference.

2 Likes

SCA recently updated (actually, downgraded) their TV websites - they’re now sub-sites of the corporate website and contain only the bare essential information. The link provided is the link to the news page on the old website - presumably no one thought to check it nor uses the website enough to notice it’s changed!

3 Likes

I wasn’t recording at the time, but I just saw a “Local News Headlines” on SC9 here in Townsville, where they used the 9 News logo on the OTS as a part of that update.

Like this?

Was it used as the only news logo, or did the bulletin start with the “Local News” logo in the OTS?

4 Likes

Yep, that’s the one.

The intro featured the normal “Local News Headlines” opener/jingle but the OTS had that exact 9 News logo in it whenever there was no picture to show. For example, the 9 News logo was present with the word “Weather” above as Tim Hatfield read out the weather forecast

So much wrong here…

1. Presenter is terrible.
  2. The entire news block of the 2-min update is filled covering just 1 story…
  3. “The whole time”

Headphone users warning: The files I’ve gotten from my DVR today are all incredibly loud for some reason… Watch on low volume.

2 Likes

It’s nice they got a local primary schooler to read the headline though.

6 Likes

Be thankful that these Local News Headlines will soon be all but gone from regional areas, save SCTV’s TND, QQQ, and the joint venture TDT.

BTW, does anyone have recent caps of SCA’s updates for TND and QQQ? Are they still using the old pre-affiliation swap SC10-style graphics with the SCTV logo, or are they using the Nine-esque graphics?

1 Like

Former ABC News Tasmania and Southern Cross Tasmania news presenter Kaye Wilkinson-Green passed away this week.

#RIP

1 Like

I had wondered what she was doing now. Very sad, I didn’t realise she was sick. The Whittle Ward is the Palliative Care unit at the Royal Hobart Hospital.

1 Like

It took months after Seven when Southern Cross Tasmania did this promo. It sucks that they didn’t just go all local in the faces (take out the Sunrise clip!!). Plus, more polishing needed. Still, this proves that TNT still won’t go anywhere as a Seven affiliate (for now).

2 Likes
1 Like

https://au.linkedin.com/in/chester-ward-78b75513b

Says here on Chester Ward’s Linkedin profile that he only graduated from Canberra Uni last year and has never had television presenting experience before this.

4 Likes

I wonder why they got a graduate to do it instead of trying to poach Peter Overton to read the 2 minute local news updates that are going to be discontinued within a few months?

13 Likes

Overton does 9News Sydney (& is pretty flat-out doing so), and until Nine start their Qld regional 9News bulletins the task remains with SC9 to continue what they were doing when they were SC Ten.

1 Like

Oh does he?
Yes I was making a joke, why would they try and recruit some flash hot anchor to do the piddly updates that are going to be canned in a few months to make way for the bulletins.

4 Likes

Given how few regions are left, wouldn’t be too much to just get Tim Hatfield to do all the updates rather than just GTS/BKN - he’s probably their best presenter.

1 Like

They’d probably have to pay him more than the work experience kid :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

where is his laptop!

Probably got hit by Petya/Goldeneye.

3 Likes