Seven & Ten News (SCA)

I’d like to place bets it is Ten’s globe backdrop from 1992, or at least VERY inspired by

5 Likes

It’s not, it’s from SCN Bendigo, as I said before. You can see it here in 1994…:

then here in Tassie in 1996…

can anybody else see the links? they come up in the preview but not in my post???
if you can’t see them look up on you tube;
Parts of “SCN News At Six” - Final Edition (BCV/GLV 8 - 1994)
TNT9 Southern Cross Nightly News Intro 1996

Definitely the one same on News at Six. Even looks like the same desk.

Obviously the Southern Cross News set was based off the metro Ten version at the time…

Anyway, definitely the oldest news set in Australia.

7 Likes

I agree, the Southern Cross News set definitely would’ve been heavily based off the sets that Ten Eyewitness News used circa 1992, if it wasn’t made by the exact same designers/company as the Ten metropolitan versions.

1 Like

New Nine regional news from February.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/nine-southern-cross/1198/1674?u=littlegezzybear

1 Like

Despite having the intro and music from Seven News the sets and many of the stories for years came from Ten News and even I think well into the 2000’s they were still crediting Ten News at the end of the bulletin despite having shifted to being only (or mostly) Seven content for the national content.

1 Like

Maybe because the Ten stuff was done earlier, given that the bulletin was at 5 not 6?

Ah yeah, had forgotten about that. Comms definitely weren’t as instant back then as now. Now the bulletin can go from Launnie to Melbourne to Canberra and back to Launnie and Hobart instantly. Not bad.

[quote=“ando9185, post:322, topic:239, full:true”]
the stories for years came from Ten News and even I think well into the 2000’s they were still crediting Ten News at the end of the bulletin despite having shifted to being only (or mostly) Seven content for the national content.
[/quote]SC Tas were still crediting Ten up until late last year despite having not sourced any news content from them for many, many years. Not quite sure why it took them so long to fix it…

[quote=“SA_TV, post:323, topic:239, full:true”]Maybe because the Ten stuff was done earlier, given that the bulletin was at 5 not 6?
[/quote]You always knew when it was content scourced from Ten because more often than not they left the stories intact (including metro supers, reporter signoffs etc.) Seven sourced content on the other hand was always edited by SC.

1997 promo endtag.

The set from 1997. Here’s a much younger looking Jo and Rob.

5 Likes

Paula Anstey on the weather ^ must be where Jacqui Lambie gets her ‘style’ from.

Thanks for sharing, good laughs, interesting.

9 Likes

[quote=“crankymedia, post:327, topic:239, full:true”]Paula Anstey on the weather ^ must be where Jacqui Lambie gets her ‘style’ from.

Thanks for sharing, good laughs, interesting.
[/quote]Shit quality but. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wonder where Paula is these days? I have very little recorded content of her and haven’t seen her in decades. :thinking:

1 Like

Some caps of Southern Cross Network News Tas (SCN) from the early '90s with Kaye Wilkinson, Steve Titmus and Peter Murphy.

3 Likes

Although plain - the set has aged very well… it doesn’t look any worse (or better) than in the 90s.

2 Likes

Do you have the video to the above clips loaded anywhere? Cheers.

Do we know what Kaye is up to these days?

Not sure about Kaye but Kim Millar popped up over the weekend doing updates from the Deloraine Craft Fair.

[quote=“Alista, post:332, topic:239, full:true”]Do we know what Kaye is up to these days?
[/quote]I remember reading a few years ago that she’s now a Civil Celebrant.

You may know this, but former WIN News Tas presenter Tom Payne is also a Celebrant these days, and has been for many years (actually saw him on the news a couple of weeks ago).

[quote=“LFD459, post:331, topic:239, full:true”]
Do you have the video to the above clips loaded anywhere? Cheers.[/quote]No, I don’t. When I get the chance I’ll upload some stuff.

[quote=“ando9185, post:333, topic:239, full:true”]
Not sure about Kaye but Kim Millar popped up over the weekend doing updates from the Deloraine Craft Fair.[/quote]She does various TV business marketing things these days.

1 Like

Britt Aylen presented this weekends weather for the first time

3 Likes