Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

I don’t know whether this was a rumour or not but I did hear they were going to trial a more rocker format on 4 of their regional Triple M stations. I don’t know which ones they were.

1 Like

Maybe the classic hit stations?

SCA’s ‘brains trust’ won’t be happy until they resemble TV stations with almost all content piped in from metro markets. Network to the max.

3 Likes

Listening to 963 Triple M earlier this afternoon, I heard that Kennedy & Molloy will start next Monday July 16 from 4pm on the Triple M Classic Hit stations.

1 Like

Which Triple M was that?

As 963 is Griffith, Mt Gambier and also Bunbury.

There you go, just 20 minutes before I’d commented

Can’t help themselves.

A most average show. It ranks with the disaster that was the Matt Tilley warehouse effort with Joe Hildebrand.

Meanwhile, over one million dollars worth of talent amassed for local drive in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth that is under-utilised and likely to be diminished.

Since @stilesykenny is from Mt Gambier, I would say Mt Gambier. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe Triple M Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton and Bundy??? I would think they would keep the AM stations as Classic Hit stations one would hope.

1 Like

Mount Gambier (Limestone Coast).

1 Like

What else do you expect from a company that puts a brand you’d expect on a FM station onto a AM station. Triple M is FM, has always defined FM in Australia, at least to me. Shoving it onto a country AM station that airs Ray Ray does not sound right. Ray Ray and Tay Tay is NOT Triple M. Never was, never will be. Whoever thought this was a great idea should be whacked over the head.

5 Likes

I know sometimes hearing Tay Tay on a AM Triple M station during the Saturday night Party Shuffle isn’t right!

2 Likes

There’s a 30 minute music check-up sent out to the Club members the other day with all music genres being tested

3 Likes

I got the same thing sent to me on Friday and yesterday.

What’s the progress of the Triple M Bundy studios? On air moving from Townsville soon?

Might be a bit late but, is Kennedy Molloy on from 4pm now on all Triple M Regionals or is it just the Victoria Regionals??

According to this post, it applies to the Classic Hits stations that started taking it from Monday, although I wouldn’t be surprised if other Triple M regionals moved their starting time that same day.

Triple M Shepparton is having Kennedy Molloy on from 4pm and then The Rush Hour with Jb and Billy from 6pm

1 Like

all stations bar the Gold Coast and one or two others.

Not long now

3 Likes

Yeah Newcastle have done the same, smart move and I’ve been calling for it since day dot.