Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Lol, you should read the comments on Facebook, SCA/Triple M are coping a hiding, from pretty much all of the comments, none of their listeners believe their (SCA’s) story, & most of the comments say they’ll listen to another station or stream from elsewhere.

Bet SCA are re-thinking naming all the network stations Triple M, they’ve just destroyed the brand in one foul swoop, actually no they’re not, they still can’t see anything wrong with what they’ve done.

2 Likes

How many will actually follow through though?
They won’t listen to another station because they’ll still want to hear Ray.
Some might stream it, but over time they’ll get over it and won’t be bothered as it’ll get too hard to stream it everywhere - particularly in the car.

What SCA should do if they are serious about saving face on this and they really were dumping it to avoid being in contempt of court is lodge a complaint against 2GB. Afterall, if it was illegal for SCA to broadcast, it would have also been illegal for 2GB to broadcast.

Ultimately they’ve said that they need to have their finger on the button for the whole of Ray’s show because they don’t trust what he’ll say on air. If that’s the case, they really must do something to prevent the risk of any future occurances.

4 Likes

I didn’t know he was in the priesthood? :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like

Tonight’s Media Watch picked up the story about the Ray Hadley ‘censorship’ on Triple M Orange:
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4750252.htm

3 Likes

Someone at Mediawatch might want to do a little bit more research - Hadley being networked on SCA stations isn’t a new thing. It’s been going for a few years now.

Also - the Triple M brand on AM stations? I get it on FM stations, although I don’t like the idea of a good solid heritage brand being dumped based on a metro callsign, but it sounds really wrong on a AM station. That’s just me though.

3 Likes

Triple M with Ray Hadley is like “Streets salmon flavoured ice cream”.

It does not match or do the brand any favours.

4 Likes

Hmmmm…salmon ice cream. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, did they not bother to check if the brand matches the output? Do SCA think we all want to feel like we live in a cap city? Believe, I live in one and would like to eventually get out of it, not be reminded of it.

S-Hit FM, yes I get - branding matches the output. Heritage stations branded as Triple M - no I don’t get it.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s never ok on AM

3 Likes

Agree, living in a Triple M on AM area, it just sounds strange not hearing Triple M in FM Stereo.

5 Likes

Drop Ray Hadley, that solves the problem.

3 Likes

Another reason I think why Mt Gambier gets Ray Hadley is because Triple M in Mt Gambier is on the AM band, I think talkback shows are more suited to AM, apart from that, all Ray talks about is stuff going on in Sydney & NSW, Sydney Traffic updates, totally irrelevant to Mt Gambier people.

2 Likes

Nope, MMM Limestone Coast takes Ray Hadley as they are on the Classic Hits feed from Albury, which takes the program. And only being 30 minutes behind the east coast, it’s just easier.

I assume since Albury is the Classic Hits hub, the Gold Coast is the Greatest Hits hub?

I just call it Triple AM.

3 Likes

Does the Greatest Hits from the 70’s to Now come out of the Gold Coast as well now? I thought it was coming out of Townsville.

As well as some of the music being on the Regional Triple M stations like Katy Perry & Taylor Swift which you would never ever hear being played on a Metro Triple M station.

3 Likes

Exactly. Makes no sense. When you think Triple M, you think rock, and sport. Not Tay Tay and Ray Ray.

Lazy piece of work from SCA.

7 Likes

I think the playlist needs a tune up, a lot of it is repetitive and there’s a lot of new music half of which we’llgear flogged for the next 5 years the other half we’ll forget about in6 months, remember when SCA was playing the chain smokers?

2 Likes

I have notice that most Triple M stations that carry the Greatest Hits from the 70’s to Now have flip music format last week to a very female stew format. Is this the case with the other regional Triple M stations? I have notice that they have dropped most of the rock and replace it with songs from Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Pointer Sisters, Ace Of Base and all of that other crap. One other thing they are repeating their new music even more and flogging that Sam Smith song to death. Both Triple M and Hit have become very unlistenable and it is showing. I have notice that a lot of work place who use to have Triple M on are listening to something different this week.

4 Likes