Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

absolutely right, there’s no tarnished brand. All these women are whingeing it’s too blokey - well ladies - we do have KIIS, Nova and Hit, surely blokes can have Triple M?

Advertisers know what they’re getting with Triple M and the network is clear in its philosophy and in its demos

2 Likes

Not to mention Smooth. Me personally I live triple M and what they do. The music could have some more variety to what they play instead of the same stuff all the time.

Ben Hannant, Heather Maltman with anchor Dan Anstey for SEA FM Gold Coast breakfast in 2017:

http://www.radiotoday.com.au/news/whats-new/10047-changes-the-new-reality.html?platform=hootsuite

1 Like

Not many happy comments, agree to a point where there’s a heap of regional shows that would be good. But seems to be have fame get a gig pretty much. Hannant good bloke had no idea who Heather is until reading that.

1 Like

It’s not just women that say it’s too blokey and bogan, just to be clear. I’m a “bloke” and I don’t like it. And I know plenty of other blokes who don’t like it either.

2 Likes

Honestly as I’ve said in the triple m thread it needs more variety and less of the same stuff. Playing more classics I think will make a big difference.

1 Like

and I’m female, 50+ and my hubby and his mates are all glued to it

Non-bogan rock stations:

• Radio Caroline
  • Rock Antenne Classic Perlen
  • KCDX
  • Radio Paradise

All the rock variety you could want between those four stations, with next to no advertising; none at all in the case of the latter two.

1 Like

I know Vega 95.3 in Sydney tried to become a classic rock station , it did not last long. Though I don’t think they tried too hard. From memory it was just called 95.3.

They were known as Classic Rock 95.3 (91.5 in Melbourne) from March 2010 to March 2011, before they changed to Sydney’s 95.3 (Melbourne’s 91.5) with the positioner “Classic Songs, Classic Rock”.

Thanks for refreshing my memory :grinning:. I think someone should do a real classic rock station on dab again. Playing whole albums etc.

1 Like

I think part of the reason why Classic Rock (and later Sydney’s 95.3/Melbourne’s 91.5) wasn’t a massive success in the ratings because from memory, their playlist was even safer and more boring than that of WSFM/Gold/Triple M at the time.

1 Like

Yeah I think smooth’s format is more adventurous than what classic rock was.

Anyway off topic but the stations more willing to experiment a bit will most likely be more successful.

2 Likes

It appears that former 2BS Bathurst talk show host Luke Bona is taking over as host of Talking Back The Night from 12 December.

For holidays or permanently?

Also, shift this to the correct thread.

Don’t know. It could just be over the holidays.[quote=“crankymedia, post:455, topic:56”]
Also, shift this to the correct thread.
[/quote]

What thread do you suggest, if not Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)?

1 Like

The other regional radio thread. 2BS isn’t owned by SCA, it’s an independent station.

1 Like

Talking Back The Night is the late night show on the SCA Local Works network soon to be Triple M and has nothing to do with 2BS.

I was making a slight joke as Luke Bona was on 2BS before he moved to 2GB Sydney many years ago …

1 Like

Reow

1 Like

Heard ads on NXFM for Gold Coast 600 last night. Which happened over a month ago.

5 Likes