Seven West Media

What if they choose to ignore it? Then what do you do?

Sevens still got afl, cricket, news to promote its shows, even if news.com.au does ignore.

And Facebook !!!

2 Likes

Knoxy from TVT says they’re keeping one publicist in Melbourne, for the aforementioned (sport purposes)

2 Likes

Yeah. I don’t think you understand what the Publicity Department does beyond running some adverts.

4 Likes

‘Luckily’ for us, we have our own Seven publicist on this website to pump up the network at every opportunity…

3 Likes

The Australian is reporting industry talk that James Warburton at Seven West Media may be looking to takeover Prime Media Group. The two major shareholders in Prime are Bruce Gordon who apparently still has around 19% via various means, and Spheria Asset Management with just under 15%.

It is also rumoured, according to The Australian, that Seven West is trying to sell its magazine business, however it is apparently not worth very much and would be sold for a “nominal sum” if someone like Bauer Media is interested.

Paywall:
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/dataroom/new-talk-of-a-seven-acquisition-of-prime-emerges/news-story/5c9200854f22f871eddac60878877696

2 Likes

Holy crap, this is terrible. just saw this reply from Knoxy (comments were in a thread on TVT regarding the publicity retrenchment)

I don’t see really see Seven West Media selling Pacific Magazines. Bauer would have accc concerns.
Pacific magazines have added more magazines, and the only other interested buyer would be news corp, which actually did sell its titles to bauer !

1 Like

Well, isn’t that a precedent? The magazine industry I’d dying. If it’s a case of selling them and keeping them going or shutting them down, then anyone would agree to a sale.

And what was the old Southdown Press owned by News Corp is now Pacific magazines. I think it would be unlikely that News would buy their old magazines back.

1 Like

AFL game day is filmed from the HSV-7 studios in Melbourne. Sad to see 7 moving all their production to Sydney

1 Like

The Front Bar is filmed at HSV7 studios too. Will it have to move to Sydney as well?

Think they will use Crocmedia for AFL Gameday without live studio audience! same with Taking Footy

1 Like

Who said tv production is moving to Sydney?

5 Likes

Since they took over Prime’s Queensland assets years ago, this would make sense. And Prime really needs some help with their local news production and branding.

Prime has never been in Queensland except on the Gold Coast and a few regional radio stations which they don’t have anymore as far as I’m aware.

Before the network bought 7Qld it was Sunshine which was completely unrelated to Prime Media…

2 Likes

I assume there’s no plans around buying SCA’s 7 stations (that’s assuming they wanted to sell which they probably don’t). Still if buying Prime is a success for them they might pursue it. I think the success or failure will depend entirely on what price they end up paying for Prime and how long it would take them to make their money back. Also who knows if Bruce Gordon will try to stand in the way.

I haven’t read the article yet but I hope to find it if I buy a copy of the Australian later today

And yes Prime never had a presence in QLD, was a SNSW based station that expanded to other areas (not QLD).

Yep - they sold up to Grant Broadcasters in 2013.

I was under the impression that national sales for STQ is handled by the Prime-owned 7 Affiliate Sales; happy to be proven wrong though

Yeah that’s correct, just like SCA does sales for NBN

1 Like